Do you think Fibro can cause water retention?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by serenety, Jul 16, 2006.

1. serenety

serenety New Member

I`m trying desperatly to lose weight & it`s not going any where.
    Serenety.
  2. lolee

lolee New Member

but I DO know that it was a major problem with me. And it was also a major contributor to my pain, like maybe 65%!!!

My dr. put me on the generic version of diazide, which is a dual diuretic so you don't have to worry about your potassium levels. I peed out like six pounds the first week!! It was amazing!!! After I had been on the pill for 2 months my insurance got all screwed up, but I won't go in to that LONG story,

but anyway I was off the diazide for about 10 days and I felt like I was starting one of my really REALLY bad flares. Started the diazide again and within HOURS I was peeing "normal" again and by the next day I knew. I let my doctor know on my next visit and he made a note to not take me off of that medication.

So, I don't know why, don't care, but I know what happens.

Ask your dr. They are a very cheap pill too. I take 1 a day so 30 pills were $14.95 at Long's.

Good Luck!!

Lolee
  3. serenety

serenety New Member

i will ask about these when i go to the drs....
    I`m gonna get some water tabs tommorrow just hope they don`t react with my Amitrytaline.
    Hugs Serenety.
  4. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

you can use the 1/2 of pill and get the same effect...that is what they have told me to do.

oh i swell up if i have sugars or alcohol as well...so i watch those..

jodie
  5. Zzzsharn

Zzzsharn New Member

This weekend my ankles and feet have become really swollen.

I was thinking of water pills too.

I thought it was the weather...

I'm not diggin the cankles look, that's for sure.

Serenety- are you swollen anywhere specific or just in general, or not at all, just thinking you are retaining?

Sharon
  6. serenety

serenety New Member

it`s my tummy mainly & i know i don`t pee half as much as i should.
    I`ve been trying to lose weight i`m really carefull about how much saturated fat i eat. Yesterday i jumped on the scales & i`m still the same weight.
    Hugs Serenety.
  7. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

I don't know either, but I have edema in my legs too, especially lower legs and ankles/feet.

I have HTN now too and take a fluid pill to help, I drink lots of water and run to the bathroom all day, but my swelling never goes away.

It's been like this for years now.

I wonder if doing a juice and raw vegie diet for a few days would help?
  8. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

serenety:

I am going to the urologist Wednesday, so anything I can find out I will. He's the doctor who, on first visit actually looked at my chart and said 'You have Fibromyalgia'. Then he put his arm on mine and said 'I'm so sorry you have that disease'

nyrofan
  9. sandi24

sandi24 New Member

I suffer badly with water retention and at TOM time it is even worse!

I recently switched from the GI diet to low carb ( not a drastic low carb plan - around 30g a day) and woohoo on the first day I was weeeeeing like crazy!

I am so much better on this plan and even TOM time ( whenever it decides to come as I am perimenopausal but still get the symptoms) I don't retain as much water as I was before.

You can also get natural diuretics if you want. ;)