Do You think this could be Fibro?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by snowqueenuk, Feb 5, 2010.

1. snowqueenuk

snowqueenuk New Member

For several years now I have been displaying signs of Fibro but haven't plucked up the courage to see my doctor about it. My symptoms are almost all of the tender spots being very painful when touched, persistent heartburn, aches and pains which come and go at will, aching teeth despite no infection being present, regular bouts of sinus pain and really poor sleep. Almost forgot.... twitching muscles all over is a big problem for me too.

Does this sound like fibro to you and what do you think that I should do about it, I am really scared about it all.

Thanks yfor any replies.

Helen x
  2. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Hi and welcome!

Actually, it sounds more like a chronic borrelia burgdorferi infection to me...that is chronic lyme.

All of the symptoms you mention are common to chronic lyme.

Many people who had a fibromyalgia or chronic fatigue syndrome diagnosis, later found out that the CAUSE of their symptoms was borrelia burgdorferi and common coinfections like babesia, bartonella and ehrlichia.

Here are some links you should read carefully...

Look at the symptom list on pages 9-11, and the coinfection info on pages 22-27 of this expert's paper....

There is a lyme board here. There is also a very active lyme board at where you can use the Seeking a Doctor board to find a Lyme literate MD (99% of Dr's are not lyme literate). also has a great Medical Questions board.

If I were you I would find a Lyme literate MD and get a good thorough evaluation.

If I were you I would also get a western blot IgG and IgM, test #188 and #189, through Igenex lab in

Any regular Dr will order a "lyme test", see a negative result, as most are, and tell you that you don't have lyme for sure....which is WRONG.

Lyme is a clinical diagnosis based on history and symptoms, not a lab test.

I only had a fibromyalgia diagnosis for 21 years before I figured out on my own that the cause of my symptoms was chronic happened to alot of others here also.

Good luck!
  3. pumkinhead

pumkinhead New Member

i recommend you see your doctor. your symptoms are similar to fibro. does your pain travel or is it always in the same place?
  4. snowqueenuk

snowqueenuk New Member

My pains travel all the time, pain in hands one day, knee the next etc...
  5. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

What you should do is go to your Dr. He/She should run blood work to rule out any other conditions first.

Don't be scared, I mean, knowledge is power - not knowing is leaving you in limbo.
    If your Dr. isn't helpful, FIND ONE WHO IS. There are many out there.

I'd go in and tell your Dr. how this is affecting your quality of life. That's an important part.
    List your symptoms, see what he says. If he doesn't mention Fibro, you may even say "someone mentioned I have fibromyalgia symptoms what do you think?", If he's not sure or doesn't know enough about it, ask for a referral. It's your symptoms together that make up Fibro, so tell him everything.

As much as Fibro stinks, you should know what you're dealing with, whether it's Fibro or not.
    Keep up posted - make that appointment! =)