Do you think your Allergies are big part of Fatigue?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Empower, Jun 16, 2006.

1. Empower

Empower New Member

I have CFS and FMS, but I'm beginning to think my allergies are causing alot of my fatigue. I have both seasonal and food allergies.

Anyone else think this?
  2. place

place New Member

I really think it is a big part. When I cleaned up any thing related to mold(including food), My energy went through the roof! Now I still have some days were I crash but for the most part, my energy is not an issue any more.
  3. KerryK

KerryK Member

I believe my allergies, mostly to molds and mites, are my biggest source of fatigue. Not just from the reaction itself, which does leave me worn out over time, but also because they usually mess up my breathing during sleep.
  4. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

I used to live in a neighbourhood w/ so many scented flowers that every spring I couldn't leave my apt or have the windows open for mth. I ws as weak as a kitten too. Three and a half years of that, but when I moved springs weren't as rough.

I lean on the FM side though, and chemical allergies, which plague me all year aggravate most of my bad pain flairs to the point of causing insomnia too. I don't generally have a bad sleep disorder all year, it fluctuates because of SAD.

So yes, allergies of all types aggravate my symptoms one way or the other.

Jeanne
  5. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

ABSOLUTELY.

Big time.

June
  6. shanel06

shanel06 New Member

Not long after I was initially ill with CFS, I visited a doctor who practiced something like naturopathic medicine - but solely focused on allergies. He tested allergies sublingually. I'd go into his office, he'd put drops under my tongue, I'd go back out to the waiting room and wait for a reaction. The results were amazing. And for several years I was able to avoid things I was allergic to. Things like grass, leather, formaldehyde, etc. etc. etc. And food allergies, of course - like wheat, oats, corn, etc. He'd classify things as "allergies" or "sensitivities" - i.e. not quite an allergy. I had a very strong "sensitivity" to salt. To the extent that at that time if I ate a green pepper, or had a soda water that wasn't reduced sodium, I would get a headache and dizziness.

I honestly believe that my success at avoiding those allergins/sensitivities was one of the main reasons I initially recovered from the CFS - or at least recovered enough to be able to go to school, with only some difficulty.

So yes. I do believe allergies are a large part of my fatigue. I am actively seeking a new allergist who will treat them in the same manner - i.e. look at allergies or sensitivities in a more indepth manner and not just the standard prick-testing.

Shannon L.
  7. kb101

kb101 New Member

I don't think that my Allergies,which are not too bad, are the cause of my fatigue.
    I think that my other physical conditions cause exhaustion
    just in dealing with them daily.
    Just my personal experience .
    KB