Do you use a device to help you with walking?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Beadlady, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

I'm considering something--I guess a walker--I don't know yet. I need to go talk to my dr first. But I am having such a hard time trying to get around and the pain in my hip--well we all know how horrible the pain can be.

Makes me nervous just thinking about many what if questions.

Please add any comments or suggestions.
  2. 3gs

3gs New Member

I have a cane,wheelchair and scooter,also a walker with the seat. I use the cane and walker the most as I don't have a lift for the other to get them out of my car.

If you do get a walker try and get a lightweight one. mine is very heavy.
    seat cushions are a must for me.

The way things are going the wheelchair is going to be a must. I have post-polio on top of this and am losing the ability to function.
  3. Jeramy

Jeramy New Member

I have a really good cane/walking stick from REI that has a shock absorbing foot, unlike regular canes. I keep it in the car and use it for times I have farther to walk or know I may need to stand in a check out line, etc (I use shopping carts whenever possible though.) I also have a motorized scooter for use when I have much farther to walk or we're going someplace like a museum or the zoo, etc. My favorite assistance device is my sweetheart wrapping his arm around my back and under my arm to hold me up and take the weight off my legs when we walk.