Do you use a shower filter? Which one?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TwinMa, Jun 20, 2006.

1. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

Do you use a shower filter? How long have you used one? Do you really think it makes a difference?

Are all shower filters about the same? I've seen them at Lowe's for about $20.

I'm still debating on whether to get one, and will need to have some pretty good arguments to convince DH that it's not just hype.

Any input appreciated!!
  2. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

The reason I wanted to filter my shower water was because of the high chlorine in our city water. I've read that it's not good for those with autoimmune issues (or anyone) to shower with clorinated water and can contribute to illness. I also have candida and drinking chlorine water or even ice made with chlorinated water can help those yeastie beasties.
    Try to tell hubby that! Also, your hair will be softer!
    Good Luck. I had some convincing to do with my hubby too.
    Now if I could just convince him I need my mercury fillings removed!
  3. pam_d

pam_d New Member

...the Today Show did an article this morning on toxicity in the home, and one thing they highly recommended was a shower filter to eliminate chlorine. Apparently 50% of the chlorine we take into our bodies each day comes not from what we drink but from that ten or fifteen minute shower we take.

I've had mine a few months; needs cleaning, hubby & I realized the other day.

I'm, unfortunately, going through intense chemo these days so taking toxins willingly into my body to stay alive...my point being, is the shower filter really helping cleanse anything? I wouldn't be the one to ask, but I hope my family benefits from it, and again, they made a strong argument for it on the Today Show...

Good luck...they are easy to install and not too costly.

Hugs,
    Pam
  4. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

I missed the bit this morning on the Today show. Funny that I'm thinking about this now, and they did a TV segment on it and I missed it! Oh well!

My water isn't very hard, so it shouldn't totally clog up a filter. That was a good point, though.

I'll keep doing research on them and post if I find anything interesting. I appreciate everyone's input!

5. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

I'm so sorry you are going through chemo. I have a good friend that I also work with who is also going through chemo, so I really feel for you. I see how battered she looks. She is about to get her 3rd treatment this Thursday. How far along are you?

I hope your treatment is going as well as can be expected and is over soon. Hang in there.
  6. jake123

jake123 New Member

I was at Ulta the other day and I noticed that there was a Jonathan display and they had a water filter but I did not notice the price. I was too busy drawing tears coming from his eyes. :~)
  7. caroleye

caroleye New Member

We've used filtered water for many years now, and there is no doubt that chlorine is a poison. I can't stand the smell of it, and that's usually a chemical flag.

Now we have a fullhouse water filter, but that's way expensive.

And if you take baths, they now have those little balls that hook onto the taps. We used them when we travelled.

LIGHT*************carole