do you wake up feeling rested?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by AquariusGirl, May 24, 2006.

1. AquariusGirl

AquariusGirl New Member

I don't. Was looking for some suggestions. Couldn't take melatonin. Take .5 mg Klonopin before bed now but no help.

Going to get a sleep study done soon--waiting for the sleep lab to call.

Gonna try and remove mercury fillings maybe and
    maybe detox for candida.

Oh--provigil didn't help either. Are there alternatives
    to this med?

Thanks.
    Kelli
  2. KMD90603

KMD90603 New Member

feeling rested in years. Unfortunately, I don't feel like spending money trying different meds and treatments that probably won't help me anyway, lol. So, I have come to accept the fact I will never wake up feeling rested/good in the morning...at least not for a very long time.

The only thing that really helps me, if possible, is to take a nap later on in the day. When I start feeling like the fatigue is getting the best of me, there's nothing I can do but rest.

Gentle healing hugs. You're definitely not alone in this one.

Kim
  3. Empower

Empower New Member

Haven't felt rested in about 13 years
  4. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

its a symptom of our illness. i've been ill since i was 9, i dont remember rested lol

lots of us have had sleep studies done, i reckon you will get some of the ladies resond to this with their findings.

goodluck :)
  5. PamelaJoy

PamelaJoy New Member

L-tryptophan from a compounding pharmacy is a safe and pure source to help enhanse your seratonin levels and helps you sleep very productively.
    Good REM sleep is provided with this natural sleep aid.
    I have fibromyalgia and found this product to substantially help like no other.
    Recommended dose is 500mg per 50lbs of weight.
    So if you weigh 150 lbs you can take 3 capsules about an hour before bedtime. You wake feeling rested!!
    It may be a little pricey from a compounding pharmacy
    like bio, but it is so worth getting a good nights sleep!!
    I take it every other night as it seems to work an additional night for me.
    Good luck
  6. shootingstar

shootingstar New Member

I have taken klonopin, lorazepam, elavil -- possibly others. Nothing works. If it makes me "sleep" I still don't feel rested.

I quit taking anything at all several weeks ago just to know what that felt like. About a week and a half ago I started taking 250 mg. magnesium at bedtime. That seems to help a little, but if I can sleep during the day sometime that helps most. Also turning on the electric blanket to high for a while -- and I know some people can't tolerate that -- seems to help.

I've had severe insomnia in one form or another for about twenty years. It seems to go with the territory.

7. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

the trazadone will give me 6 hours of good sleep.Linda
  8. cressida

cressida New Member

I wake up every morning and the first thing I think is 'I hope I don't hurt' and as soon as I move the pain comes pounding in. The only time I feel rested is when I take elavil during the day and have a 2 hour nap afterwards.

I think taking several naps throughout the day, instead of sleeping for 8 hours seems to work better, because the pain seems intensified if I don't move around a little and 8 hours is too long to remain pretty much in the same position. That's the way it seems for me, anyway.
  9. Marta608

Marta608 Member

What is rested? It's been so long I don't recall. OK, I'm exaggerating slightly in that on days when absolutely nothing is expected of me by anyone, including myself, I sleep better and feel somewhat ........ different in a better way although I wouldn't call it rested. One period of physical or emotional stress and I'm down quickly again.

I do find that a nap mid-day is a necessity if I'm to sleep at night much at all.

Have you tried Wellbutrin? My doctor suggested it but it made me jittery. Another doc said that people with anxiety don't do as well on Wellbutrin. Face it, no one knows for sure. Perhaps it would work for you. It's often used in addition to other meds.

Marta