Do you want a particular hymn for Thursday prayer night?

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Asatrump, Oct 30, 2006.

1. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

I have the time this week. I just spent five days with general malaise, if will power could control things, it would be totally gone. Having the sun out today did help.

I am going to make a list of names and hymns that you request for yourselves. I need the therapy. To me music is prayer. The piano just sits here staring back at me.

Just to make you smile~~~ I will move from my private cathedral in the garage hot tub, and move my cathedral into the music room. shhh, unlike my hot tub, I promise to wear clothes playing the hymns. There, did you grin?
  2. tlayne

tlayne Member

My dear asa, You made me laugh!

Please play, Amazing Grace, for me! Thank you so much for using your talent to offer praises of worship for all of us! May God bless you my dear lady! Love, Tam
  3. dejovu

dejovu New Member

You always make me smile. I have been thinking of this song I knew as young girl but I've never been able to find it.

I don't remember alot about it but maybe someone else does.

Here is what I can remember...In God's green pasture sleeping by the cool waters lie, soft in the evening go my Lord and I. All of the sheep of his pasture are so wonderfully fine. His sheep am I.

And that may be totally wrong but it all I can remember...except it had a beautiful melody. Hope someone has heard this...my soul needs it. Blessings to you my sister. God bless you. De
  4. KittyCare

KittyCare New Member

My Lord and I

In God’s green pastures feeding, by His cool waters lie,
    Soft in the evening walk my Lord and I;
    All the sheep of His pasture fare so wondrously fine,
    His sheep am I.
    Waters cool, [in the valley] pastures green, [on the mountain]
    In the evening walk my Lord and I;
    Dark the night, [in the valley,] rough the way, [on the mountain,]
    Step by step, [step by step,] my Lord and I.

DE, is this it? I have never heard the song before but I did a Google search and this is what I found. LOve and Hugs

Kittycare

5. dejovu

dejovu New Member

Bless you, I have not heard this song for 40 yrs. but it has been the only thing I can think of the last few weeks.

I'm still very tired but will write you tomorrow and please know how very much this has meant to me.

God bless, de

This is and has been my prayer.[This Message was Edited on 10/30/2006]
  6. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

Leaning on the Everlasting Arms
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What a fellowship, what a joy divine,
    Leaning on the everlasting arms;
    What a blessedness, what peace is mine,
    leaning on the everlasting arms.

####Chorus:

Leaning, leaning,
    Safe and secure from all alarms;
    Leaning, leaning,
    Leaning on the everlasting arms.

Oh, how sweet to walk in this pilgrim way,
    Leaning on the everlasting arms;
    Oh, how bright the path grows from day
    to day,
    Leaning on the everlasting arms.

####

What have I to dread, what have I to
    fear,
    Leaning on the everlasting arms?
    I have blessed peace with my Lord so
    near,
  7. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

but maybe my husband knows them.I'll check
  8. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

I have a dozen hymnals here and I can't find anything that starts with either "My Lord and I" or "IN God's green"

Closest I found was "In Shady Green Pastures?

Sorry, I don't have any other books to look through. Maybe you can ask for another one.

I have old hymnals from ? denomination, Lutheran, Methodist, Church of Christ, Presbyterian and Family of God.

Please pick another.
  9. pepper

pepper New Member

Your hot tub is in the garage! What a great idea. Ours is outside and the getting to and from in this weather (even though it is just outside the door) is not pleasant!

Do you know "City of God"? The refrain is "Let us build the City of God; May our tears be turned into dancing; For the Lord, our Light and our Love, Has turned the night into day" I find this a very uplifting song.

It is so generous of your to do this for us!
    Thank you!
    (((HUGS)))Pepper
    [This Message was Edited on 10/31/2006]
  10. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

I can't Find City of God??????
  11. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

I am striking out finding some hymns. I can play anything if the music is in front of me, but some of these titles are not sounding familiar.

Please be sure you have the title... or most hymnals go by the first few words.

What I should do is find a way to get the music? If we can't exchange emails, I dont' suppose you can send me old hymnals you have lying around with your old favorites.

Sorry, keep trying.
  12. pepper

pepper New Member

Thanks for trying. I found the words on a website but not the music.

Cancel that. How about "I Surrender"? I am still working on trying to surrender to the will of God and sing this at least 10 times a day! Can I sing along?

Thank you.
    (((HUGS)))Pepper
  13. Seeseaisme

Seeseaisme New Member

Rock of Ages. And pleeeese do it clothed (lol). Thank you.
  14. dejovu

dejovu New Member

How about Amazing Grace? There are so many beautiful hymns out there it is hard to choose. Thankyou and blessings, De
  15. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

Tam and De~~~ Amazing Grace will be played for you

Hangin~~~~~~ Leaning on the Everlasting Arms will be played for you

Pepper~~~~~~ I Surrender will be played for you

Littlebluestream ~~~ I checked that website and put it under my favorites, but it doesn't show the actual music. I could not find "Father Almighty" please pick another.

seeseasisme~~~~~~~ Rock of Ages will be played for you

hugs and prayers to all
    [This Message was Edited on 11/02/2006]
  16. pepper

pepper New Member

I will sing along!

(((HUGS)))Pepper
  17. sarahann61

sarahann61 New Member

I would like to hear , " It Is Well With My Soul ", think the name is , " It Is Well""....................

I think that is the song that the writer wrote, when crossing the ocean, where is family had died before, in a ship wreck... It is a beautiful song anyways, but knowing that the writer had been through a great loss, and could stil write that song, even more beautiful.....

If it is too late now, maybe some other time......
  18. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

I requested Holy, Holy, Holy but I did it on another post. Sorry, maybe you missed it since we were all laughing at your hot tub antics. Hope it is not too late. Thanks.

Love,
    Nancy
  19. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

My husband is sleeping now, but tomorrow morning I promise to Sarah, "It is Well With My Soul"

and to Nancy, "Holy, Holy, Holy".

Thank you for asking. And our temps have dropped, so clothes are mandatory!
  20. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

Savior Like A Shepher Lead Us has been played for you.

I am not good with computers and directions, I still don't know how to copy/paste. I hand wrote out your directions, but I suspect it will contain only the most well known of hymns.

Thanks for the information.