Do you want a spell checker that works on any post you make?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by alonebutnotlonely, Oct 18, 2006.

1. alonebutnotlonely

alonebutnotlonely New Member

Go to Google
    press "preferences"
    press "About Google"
    press "Google Services & Tools"
    press "Web Search Features"
    press "Spell Checker"

When you download this it will put a bar on your Explorer page.

On the bar is a button that says "ABC Check".

When you post anything anywhere, after you are thru typing check this button. Everything that is spelled wrong will be highlighted in red. Click on each word that is

highlighted and you will get options on that word. Sorry, your medical terms may not be there but if you are sure of the spelling you can add the word. After you correct the word it will be highlighted in green.

I love it. I also "copy" the post before I do this so if there is a problem I can paste the post back without having to type everything again.

Dee
  2. mindbender

mindbender New Member

I know you told me about this before
    Thanks I'm going to try it
    really
  3. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Thanks, Dee! As soon as I can think, I'll check it out.

Marta
  4. sfrazier

sfrazier New Member

I did everything you said but couldn't figure out how to down load it. just kept taking me to the defination of what the spell checker was. Might be brain dead or fibro fog but how do you down load it once you get to spell checker? Thanks......SueF
  5. mindbender

mindbender New Member

6. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

alone:

It would not let me do it either.

nyrofan
  7. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Deear Dee,
    Thanks for the information. I tried it, and it didn't work for me, probably because I have a McIntosh. Here is how I modified your directions:

1. In the Google search box, write: "spell
    checker".- then Click
    2. Then click on:"Google Free Spell Checker" (a link)
    3. Cut and paste the text onto the Google page (You
    might have to slide the page over a bit).
    4. The mistakes are boxed - correct them.
    5. Click on: "Apply Changes".
    6. Cut and Paste the changes back onto the e-mail page.

I hope this is right. It is kind of complicated. I know we have problems spelling, because of our DD's, but sometimes it might be better just to do the best we can, and let it go. Certainly everyone on this board will understand that some people just can't go through the extra effort, thinking and remembering. Sometimes we can't even tell if words are misspelled.

Hugs,
    Terry
    p.s. As I posted this message I saw three misspelled words. I had checked the post very carefully, and still they got by me. I don't mean to make things harder for anyone, but I, for one, have to take the easiest path, otherwise I am exhausted too quickly. I ask your understanding. T.

[This Message was Edited on 10/18/2006]
  8. Dixie_Amazon

Dixie_Amazon Member

I use ieSpell.
  9. crossword

crossword New Member

There was no spell check available. Also tried to download Google's bar (with spell check) but there was an error in the installation so it could not be done as it would compromise my system. Will keep on looking.
  10. mindbender

mindbender New Member

I'm going to spall sumpthing rong.
  11. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Got as far as ABC Check but can't find that.

Marta