Do you want to see my painting of my sunset?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ckball, Feb 5, 2008.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

I took Mezombie's advice and got the pastels out. It took me about 6 hours, should have done it 2, but that is just me, I piddle, putter and play,hehe.

The photo isn't great my camera is acting funky but you get the gist-I hope you enjoy-Carla
  2. kjade

kjade New Member

Wow that is beautiful! You did a really good job!

I have always wished I knew how to paint. What a talent you have!! Good job!
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Your painting is gist terrific!

Is it big enough to be a sofa painting?

4. ckball

ckball New Member

Kjade I bet you could do this. I just copied the picture I took. It is all about layering,so far I have only done landscape/sunsets with pastel but may do anonther one,
    then try one one oil.

Rock, it's not a sofa picture but it would great over a love seat total from is 16 x 20 and holds a 11 x 14 picture. I have over 20 sunset pictures I took in one day. It is the amazing to watch, sometime I play a a video of it, like a slide show, it's pretty cool.

Glad you liked it, the colors area a bit brighter in person, but I'm happy with it.

Thanks for looking-Carla
  5. mezombie

mezombie Member

Hey Carla,

I really like it!

You did a wonderful job. Sunsets are tricky to reproduce. Sometimes changing mediums helps.

I don't see why there should be a time frame to completing a painting. After all, it's about being creative and having fun is a big part of that, right?

I hope you enjoyed creating it as much as we enjoy looking at it!

Take care,
  6. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

what an absolutely beautiful lucky, talented lady.

I love it.

7. ckball

ckball New Member

Thanks for the pats on the back.

mezombie do you paint? I don't know why I was so hesitant about getting the pastels out, I really wanted to do this pic in watercolor and still may try again.

Rosie thanks your are always such a dear fan and I appreciate it.

Julie glad you came off the porch and enjoyed the pic, I really did enjoy doing it. You can just get lost for hours doing it. Thanks again for all of your support-Carla
  8. monica33flowers

monica33flowers New Member

OMG, that is gorgeous, Carla. You are one talented lady. I just love all the layering of is truly beautiful.
  9. laceymae

laceymae New Member

you are very talented.
  10. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Great job, Carla!

11. deb0531

deb0531 New Member

When my kids where young we used to go to a cottage on the lake and I would go out on the deck with my coffee and watch the sun rise and the sunset, Your painting is very beautiful and reminded me of those carefree days.
  12. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Love your painting Carla, i really like sunsets,

Thanks for sharing,
  13. victoria

victoria New Member

I love pastels too, you did a great job!

I remember you saying you don't get up early enough to take pics of sunrises? imho, unless someone 'tells' me it is one or the other, how would one know the difference? LOL, I think you could call it whatever you wanted it to represent in your mind...

all the best,

14. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

YOur painting is beautiful. I love the tranquility it conveys. I'm jealous; I sure wish I was as talented as you are!!! Congratulations!!!!!

15. GigglePoet

GigglePoet New Member

That is absolutely beautiful..I said...awwwwwwwwwwww the moment I saw it. I am so glad you did it. I am an artist as well, but can't bring myself to want to do anything. Keep it up and hope you share more with us

~ GigglePoet
  16. ckball

ckball New Member

I haven't ignored you, the high winds yesterday took my phone line down and I jsut got it back.

Now have to leave- thank you so much for all your wonderful words. Pastels is not that hard, it is all aboout blending, my finger is the best blender,hehe. If you don't like, you can rework it until you do.

I just have a cheap set of pastels, less than 10 bucks so try it you may like it-Carla
  17. Jana1

Jana1 New Member

It is good of you to share your talent with others. Such a delicate look to your sunset, just lovely!

18. kholmes

kholmes New Member

I'd like to hang that on my living room wall!

19. Fabulous! Carla its really nice!

20. Frannie17

Frannie17 New Member

Wow, that is beautiful! I'm new here and I was *hoping* I'd run into some other artists here :) Can we post pics in our posts here, or do we always have to post them on our profile page? I finally figured out that to see your painting, I had to go to your profile page.