Do you want to send a message to Lincamp? She had hip surgery

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ckball, May 4, 2009.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

Our Lincamp had a hip replacement last week and is recovering very well, but it bored because her laptop died just be she went into the hospital, so she can not come and visit.

So I wanted to let you all send her a message and I will print it and mail it to her.

So go ahead and tell her what you want as she is in a nursing home for about 8-10 days doing rehab before she goes home so could use some cheering up.

Speak now or forever hold your tongue. Be sure to wash your hands first with the swine flu and all- Carla
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

I am sending this by way of Carlagram.

Has the pain of surgery gone away yet? Are you doing leg therapy? Will you be back
    on your skateboard in time for the cinco de mayo parade?

Hope you feel better fast. We are all eager to see you back on the porch.

OK, first try didn't work. Will take another stab at it.
  3. jole

jole Member

I'm wishing you a very speedy recovery....and hoping the pain will soon be a thing of the past! I'm sure at this point you probably feel like you've just traded one kind of pain for another, but hopefully this is a lot less...and will end soon.

We really miss you here, and hope your puter problem gets taken care of so you can get back to the porch soon! Miss you....take good care of yourself, and keep those therapists on their toes, okay? Love ya***Jole***
  4. springwater

springwater Active Member

Linda, good to know the surgery is safely over, and wishing you very speedy recovery! Granni and everyone on the porch were wondering when your surgery was happening so this is good to know it is over...and you are recuperating..may you be absolutely pain free now..and i hope your computer problem is also solved soon so you can join us on the are missed.

God Bless
  5. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

I was just writing you a note and it disappeared, good grief !! So, here I am doing so again !! I am so gald that you are doing so well but know it can't be a lot of fun in the NH doing rehab. Just hope that goes nice and quick, so you can get home and to the Porch as soon as possible.

Hope that you are not in to much discomfort and that you will be out of pain really soon. Missing you on the Porch sweetie ! Hope to see you soon !!

Hugs and blessings !!

6. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

I hope these Carlagrams find you feeling a little better. I have never had a hip replacement but the rehab must be a bummer. Are you using a cane or a walker yet?? If so beat the snot out of the therapist...they do not understand the concept of stop that hurts. Maybe a good beating will make them a little more cautious:)

Feel better soon!
  7. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

Hi Lin, just wanted to let you know I am thinking of you and miss you lots. I hope your rehab goes well and fast so you can get back to your comfy home and family. Also, I bet Lucy really misses her Mommy lots.

Take care and lots of hugs and lovin.

8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Here's hoping you continue to do well. I live in SW FL, the land of joint replacements. Many of my friends and neighbors have had hip replacements and all are doing well. Best of luck to you.

BTW, unless a techie has told you the laptop is hopeless, look for a small reset hole on the bottom of the laptop. Poke it with the end of an unbent paperclip. If there is no reset hole, open up the computer and take out the small battery which keeps the time and date. Then, replace it. This has the same effect of resetting it. It's worth a try. Mine "died" and came back to life when reset. Good luck.

Love, Mikie