Do you watch "Mystery Diagnosis" on Discovery health???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lenasvn, May 30, 2006.

1. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

It is such a great program. You tend to see alot of people who struggle with doctors who are quick to dismiss, or not refer. It is scary to see how common this is, not only for us here on the board, but people in general.

It is worth checking the show out. I think it runs on Mondays, and has a replay another day during the week.
  2. mme_curie68

mme_curie68 New Member

I enjoy it, but it seems like most of the time, it could be called the "Poisoning Program".

Is it just me or are most of the mysterious illnesses being portrayed somehow always related to a close friend or family member slowing poisoning their victims?

I saw one show where the wife was bringing her husband poisoned food while her husband was IN the hospital.

Sounds ghoulish, but I am pretty much game for any kind of reality medical show.

Hugs,
    Madame Curie
  3. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

I only saw one like that. The others had interesting final diagnosis like Syndrome X, neuropathy in childhood, and that thing I never remember the name of, an abnormality in the spine that in many ways resemble FM/CFS, etc. Very interesting!

4. mme_curie68

mme_curie68 New Member

You're right Sonny - I was thinking that they were one in the same show but now that you mention it I know I have seen both of them.

There is another good one called "Medical Fraud Investigators" that is about the FBI division that goes after quacks stealing very sick and/or dying patients money.

Hugs,
    Madame Curie
  5. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I think it was that prog or similar one I saw that really saved my life as I had been terribly ill and no one could think why and then it came on there about arsenic poisoning from treated lumbner and sure enough this is what I had. Those doctors are amazing the ones that stick with the patient. But as you said, often the people are dismissed.

Love Anne C
  6. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

LOL! I watch the reruns too! I am hopelessly addicted to the show,,,

on the other hand, I am home alone with two small children, and I have the tv next to my bed,,, with baby sleeping good next to me. What could be more perfect,,,LOL!
  7. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

That show IS good! If nothing else, we will see cases that were diagnosed correctly eventually, sometimes by the most unlikely physician.

I learn not to give up, but the time before you find the right guy can be upright traumatic sometimes,,,LOL!