Do your animals know

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mareeok, Sep 29, 2005.

1. Mareeok

Mareeok New Member

when you are hurting? My grand-doggies will lick my legs when they are very painful. They always know. It's amazing. Neugat will lick my legs for five minutes and it actually helps.

My other animals will be very sweet when they know i'ts a bad day. The cats will sit on me and purrrrrrr while the dogs will look at me with such sympathy.

Is there anyone else whose animals feel your pain?

2. dshines

dshines New Member

My dog seems to know when i don't feel well...She hangs close all day and just lays at my feet...Such a sweetie to be so caring...

deb
  3. rileyearl

rileyearl New Member

sticks close when I'm bad. She gets under the covers and glues herself to my side. When she falls asleep though, she turns into a bed hog!

The kitties think I'm a lounge chair, no matter what I feel like.

Francie
  4. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

yes our pets are very sensitive to our mood including pain.

two of my dogs stick close and love me but my young dogs treats it as a free for all time and raids the bin pulls stuff from the counter and will go so far as to dive bomb me!

she is a little sod and a trouble maker but cute all at the same time :)
  5. Alyndra

Alyndra New Member

My 2 little Parrotlets will snuggle up, give kisses and stick around in my room for HOURS. My female thinks she's helping out by preening me, so I'm not gonna spoil her motherly good intentions. It's far too cute to have a little 1 oz bird taking care of me!

My Cockatiel however...Grr. I'm CONVINCED that he knows when I'm hurting - and plays on it! Days when I'm down for the count he's EXTRA loud, flys to places he knows he shouldn't be - and is a little terror!

Right now I'm cleaning him off because while I was putting cookies into the oven - he decided it would be fun to roll around in the flour!
  6. goodma

goodma New Member

I have 3 chocolate labs. 1 is 11 another 8 and the youngest is a 4 year old male. My 11 year old Coco has been sick lately herself and I've slept on the floor beside her when she was too sick/weak to jump on my bed. She's done the same for me through my surgeries and chronic pain. It's amazing how sympathetic our animals are - more so than most adults.

They stick to me like glue when I'm feeling blue and that makes me feel better knowing they love me so.
  7. kalley167

kalley167 New Member

know when I am not feeling well they will stay close to me and every once in awhile they will give me small kisses. They are such a joy to have around.
  8. sofy

sofy New Member

my terrible terrier only want to be hyperactive and the only thing she can sense is when it involves food.

Being a terrier she like to den at night, under the bed, but I put my foot down and wouldnt let her do it. Now she gets up on the bed and demands I give her lots of pets and love. Never mind Im too tired or it hurts.

Actually she is good for me. If I had a lazy needy lap dog, like before, we would both probably curl up and not move all day.
  9. Jgavi

Jgavi New Member

Dogs are little angels...thats for sure.....thank god they KNOW and have more respect for us than humans do!
    jgavi
  10. spasco

spasco New Member

My girl cuddles up to me and gives kisses. She looks at me with those eyes and just knows. My Parrot knows too. He acts different when I'm real bad. Once when I was crying from the pain, he started laughing, because he knows I always laugh when he does. It was quite something.

God bless! Stephanie
  11. Christinawensell

Christinawensell New Member

I have a blue healer and she is about 60 pounds she thinks she is a lap dog.
    Her name is Cassy. Sassy Cassy we say.

She protects me so much when I am sick. She will not let me go to the bathroom or anything by myself. I will lie in bed and be awake really quiet( but hurting like anything) and all the sudden I feel a cold nose nugging me. Like saying "You ok Mommy", Sometimes I will go lay on the couch because of hurting so bad and she will be right there never leaving my side.

My husband says that when I am sick and sound asleep she sits right by the door and will not let anyone in the room. She will start gently growling at them or she pulls them away. like saying "Mommy is finally sleeping you leave her alone".

Sometimes you can tell that I got no sleep the night before by just looking at her. She looks exhausted. I think she hears me with every toss and turn I make. She is so loyal.

I don't know if anyone of you remember, but she is the one that was very stressed out when we moved here recently. She attacked or smaller dog (which is very good by the way, I never had to take him into the vet- no infection and it is all healed up now) and in the process of my husband trying to stop the attack on the small dog she also bit him (Who is also fine-after taking him that night to the ER). As you can see I am glad that she is okay now, because I would have been devastated if I would have had to get rid of her. She just loves me, and I her.

Christina
  12. wickett

wickett New Member

I have been blessed w/2 pugs....Dozer & Gus They are always very quiet when I do not feel good. My back hurts, so while I lay on my side they will lay next to my back and keep it warm. I don't know what I would have done w/o them. all my grandbabies live down south.

I wish everyone who hurt could have an animal to keep them calm and warm.
  13. Francey54

Francey54 New Member

Hi Mareeok:

Yes my doggies know when I am not well. Their compassion is limitless. Whenever I have a bad flare and stay in bed all day my two furbabies get into bed with me and snuggle close to me. One is a big kisser and she goes into kissing fervor when I am not well.

Animals are Gods gift to us, there is nothing else in the world like the uncondtional compassionate love that they give.

Thank God that you know how to appreciate your animals love. There are many animal lovers at this site like you and me and I think we are surely blessed to have them in our lives.

Many hugs,
    Francey

14. rigby

rigby New Member

My jack russel will lay against my back when it is really hurting or by my head when it hurts. I have a shelties who seems to know when any one is at my house who doesn't feel good. She is not very friendly but she will walk over to them and look at them and paw them with her front paw. After they look at her and talk to her she will leave them a lone not when someone comes over and she does this I know to ask them what is going on and they are not feeling good. It is so different now I point it out to people.
  15. kathleen1437

kathleen1437 New Member

Our Beardie collie is great she is very affectionate,when i'm having a bad day with FM or other illness she lies on the floor beside my bed or sits beside my chair. She will give me a wee nudge every now and again just to let me know she is still there.
    hugs kathleen
  16. Sue50

Sue50 New Member

how sad I was when my dad died, I was crying and she would lay on my shoulder and lick the tears on my face :)
  17. Shananegans

Shananegans New Member

My beautiful dog knows when I'm bad and will lay near me to keep me warm like he knows I need it. He will also get a pouty face, like sympathy for me. It's so cute! It helps more than he'll ever know. He also tries not to bother me, like if he has to go potty, he'll hold it until it's an emergency.

I don't know what I would do without him. It's funny too because if I sleep for too long he'll poke me with his nose to make sure I'm still alive or if I have a migraine he'll sit next to me and stare at me like he's worried. I love him. Now if I could just get my darn cat to care, I'd be in business! She doesn't concern herself with anyone outside of her cat world. Other than food and attention when she wants it, she doesn't care.

Hugs,
    Shananegans
  18. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

Mainly the cats.My youngest daughter has many health problems and she feels bad alot.He lays by her side constantly,when she goes to the bathroom he waits outside the door and meows til she comes out,he will stand up on his back legs to reach her to get a kiss.He loves her so much and she loves him very much too_Our other cat will do the same with me and my daughter.He will come lay on my lap when I feel bad,give me baths,do his kneeding on my chest which sometimes hurts(those nails are sharp).Now our puppy,she is 6 months old,I am not sure about.She does seem to cuddle more at night when I feel my worst.I love my animals and I think they are very important in helping us deal with pain and depression.

Sheila