Do your ears ring, too??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nanna4550, Oct 18, 2005.

1. nanna4550

nanna4550 New Member

Have any of you noticed that your ears ring a lot louder when you are in more pain? Seems to be a corrilation between these extremes for me. Also, I have had this ringing in the ears long before diagnosis of FM. I even had a hearing test 20 or so years ago because of the tinnitus. Doc said my hearing was fine. I suppose people without FM have tinnitus. Probably was those concerts in the 70's, I remember leaving them with the ringing. But it WAS fun. Anyone elses ears ring??
    [This Message was Edited on 10/18/2005]
  2. larry11

larry11 New Member

My ears don`t ring so much, but when i`m in a lot of pain LOUD noise really bother my nerves and makes me crazy like i have rabies or something.......

larry
  3. ontariogirl

ontariogirl New Member

Mine started about 6 months to a year before my 1st cfids crash. Its usually only on the left side and boy can it get loud.

Noticed mine will worsen whenever I'm more exhausted or stressed and even with the weather changes. Right now we're having alot of cool rainy days and it is so loud it's hard to tune out.

Had all the testing done too, and they say everythings fine.
  4. BrendaBoo

BrendaBoo New Member

I have a lot of pain on the r side of my face/head and when it is real bad my ears do ring. I have even past-out several times from the pain.
    Sometimes the ringing blocks out all other sounds,even like someone talking to me or the tv.
    I have had my ears checked and they are fine.
  5. rbecca47

rbecca47 New Member

my ears have this high pitch buzzing, all the time, went to ent doc. i have tinnitus, and doc said there is nothing that can be done. when my pain level is out of control it seems all noise is like nails on chalk board, i have hearing loss in both ears, more in left ear, have a hearing aid, for left ear,insurrance will only pay for one.the hearing aid does help a little,with the ringing. i am sorry you have this problem, i send my prayers to you.and hope they find something to help.
    becca
  6. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Can't remember a time when they didn't ring, actually. I remember when I was young, lying in bed listening to them ring and try to make them say something...! (-:

I guess if you're born with it, it doesn't really bother you because you don't know any different.

Rinnnnnnnnngggggggg!

Sue
  7. Alyndra

Alyndra New Member

Most times I feel like the emergency broadcast system is going off in my head.
  8. zerped

zerped New Member

I made my living in the '70's reviewing rock concerts, so I know that some of my tinnitus is due to damage suffered there. didn't really notice the ringing much in adult life until my CFIDS. Here in Portland we have one of the top research teams for tinnitus, and they're still coming up empty-handed. I know that I too get louder ringing when really fatigued.

The other connection I know of is pain med.'s. If you take Vicodin/hydrocodone every day for years, you can go deaf. As if addiction wasn't enough of an unwanted side-effect. I can't use one of my watches with an alarm, because the high-pitched alarm is exactly the same frequency as the tinnitus; my ears drown out my watch!