Do your EYEBALLS HURT??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bunnyfluff, Apr 18, 2006.

1. bunnyfluff

bunnyfluff Member

My eyeballs hurt to touch thru my eyelids. My eyes are always dry and burning, but my eyeballs feel swollen and hurt to the touch. Even the eye socket.

My God, what more can hurt???????
  2. lease79

lease79 New Member

Yep, mine too. They burn, they water & they actually hurt to touch through my eyelids. I pressume this is muscle fatigue.
    What more can hurt indeed!
  3. srh

srh New Member

Yes, mine too. Amazing isn't it what all we can get, have, had, or whatever?

4. MamaZoe

MamaZoe New Member

I started ready this message board yesterday looking for some sort of support group. I may be able to help here. I tackled this issue last fall with my annual eye exam. I was complaining to the Dr. that my contacts where bothering me and that they really hurt. I've been wearing them since I was in the sixth grade. He explained that the eye is soft tissue and that the contacts are coming in contact with the tissue and causing pain. He told me that I would never be able to wear contacts again becouse of te Fibro. He strongly suggested take Flax seed oil capsules and take them at double the recommended does. This would help naturally keep the eye lubricated and aid with the discomfort. Also, great for getting colesterol down if you have that problem. I have been on the flax seed oil for a year now and it really has helped tremendously. Hope this helps someone.
    MZoe
  5. Trena

Trena New Member

Sounds as if you may have dry eyes. The DR told me the reason they tear is that they are dry and do not absorb the tears. Try using Refresh tears. It is an over the counter thing and helps to soothe them. Helps that gritty feeling.
  6. lease79

lease79 New Member

Mine aren't dry, if anything they overproduce at times..
  7. sues1

sues1 New Member

Eye Dr. says he sees it all the time with Fibro folks. Some that I would say was already stated above.

I would add to try a drink with Electtrolytes . We dehydrate and do not realize it. You can google Electtrolytes ...maybe also in our search box.

Drinks would be Gatorade, Pedilite and others. I saw on a posting not too long ago that you can get it in powered form at a health food store.

My joints even feels better if I drink it. Must be used within 48 hrs. after opening it. My Dr. recommended it after a bout with diahrea (Sp?) that kept me feeling awful. I was so surprised that my "side effects" were positive in other ways.

Susan
    [This Message was Edited on 04/19/2006]
  8. ibnormal2

ibnormal2 New Member

There is a syndrome called Sjogrens...Your eyes can be dry or tearing a lot...Mine were tearing all down my face...I woke up with blood vessels in my eyes broken...I went to the eye doctor and he told me I had Sjogrens...I am suppose to use Restasis but my insurance won't pay for it...I am using one of the drops from otc..It is called Refresh Celluvisc for severe dry eyes...It has helped me a lot...It also causes you to have dry mouth and even your dry privates...You can get a lot of yeast infection with this...I had one in my eyes and mouth at Christmas time...Do not let this go...It can get real bad without treatment...There is no cure...All you do is drink a lot of water or what ever you can drink...And use the eye drops...The reason the eyes tear so much is because the brain is telling you to make more teaes...But the tear you make are mostly water...Where natural tear are oil, water, and mucous...Hope this helps..Kathy F....
  9. darude

darude New Member

But having eyes checked next week.
  10. painandagony

painandagony New Member

always burning...

good post, wondered if everyone else had this too
  11. jenni4736

jenni4736 New Member

My Dr. told me that I would have to really be careful this summer in Texas heat. Many of our meds cause dehydration and dry eyes. When dehydrated the muscles can also cramp, cause vs. effect?

I'm not sure if it is from dehydration or not....maybe just another muscle involved but it is apparently pretty common with FM. I have reached the end of my contact wearing also, just another "benefit" of FM. Isn't it good to know that you are not alone though?

jenni
  12. 1horse

1horse New Member

Oh yeah. the hurt,itch, burn.. I put a cold rag over my eyes every night..
  13. BabiCati

BabiCati New Member

I have the same problem but it is due to allergies and sinusitis. Have you had this checked out? You shouldn't let it go if this is what it is.
  14. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Often gets pains in it and this eye has occasional optical migraines without pain, but vision goes haywire. I think it is nerve. Also I feel often as if I had an eyelash in my eye when I don't.

Yet another symptom???

Love Anne c
  15. jacampbell

jacampbell New Member

I wear contacts and my eyes get dry and they tear sometimes too.

I know Paxil depletes sodium so the electrolyte drink sounds like a good idea. I do not eat salt because I do not like the taste of it. I don't like Gatorade because of the salty taste. Are there drinks that do not taste salty?

I know I feel better all around (eyes and muscles) when I drink at least 40oz of water a day in addition to other drinks like at meals. Believe me, it is a struggle to drink that much. I have to make myself drink 20oz before lunch and 20oz before I go home from work. The weekends are the hardest because there is no real schedule.

Eating a banana every day has helped my muscle cramps and charlie horses. As well as light stretching...still trying to get the nerve up to exercise again. I am scared it will bring on another episode.

I hope you find what works for you.
  16. maggie428

maggie428 New Member

My eyes burn and itch, also get stabbing pain in my eyes if I don't put warm compresses on my eyes for about 5 minutes each night. I have a condition called "Blepharitis". And I agree with, now what else can hurt!!??