Do your knees hurt??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by Beadlady, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

The inside part of my knee joints and other joints frequently feel like they are on fire. Sometimes it is my arms & elbows too.

Maybe I have some kind of arthestis flaring up.
  2. judithmahw

judithmahw New Member

I think my knees and ankles are the worst. I was sure I was full of arthritis but NOT. Some mild degenerative changes L knee and some burning just below the knees outer aspects. I was surprised my bone scan was so normal. Good Luck wish I had some suggestions but I am just beginning to grapple with this. Ultracet and rest periods work the best for me so far.
  3. monamea

monamea New Member

Hi beadlady

Yes here also. Mine don't burn but are swollen and I know that I can't trust them. I feel like an old lady climbing stairs, if there isn't a railing I use my hands on the steps. It is so embarassing especially when your grandkids can climb stairs better than you. I'm not sure what it is for sure, mine is from lymphedema! Good luck and I hope you find out for sure what it is.
  4. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

I get burning pain on the inside part of my knee, just below the kneecap. It started shortly after I was diagnosed with FM. I had to use a cane for a few months last year as a result.

I also get the same pain on the outside of my elbows. Just more FM/CFS fun I guess.

Regards,

Eileen
  5. caroleye

caroleye New Member

Being an ex-athlete with history of accidents, & having Lupus, all my joints are painful.

My knees hurt off & on, and when they do I wrap them with my magnetic braces. I sleep with my ankles wrapped in my magnetic braces, and I wrap my wrists as well when I'm on the computer. Been doing this since the 80's & it's the best pain tool I have.

HEALING LIGHT************carole
  6. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

beadlady:

When I get down to get vegetables out of the refrigerator, my knees can barely make it
    back up. Sometime I have to hold onto the door of the fridge and yank myself up.

I blame it on the fibromyalgia.

nyrofan
  7. fivesue

fivesue New Member

YES!

No arthritis, no nothing except fibro.

Maybe someone will come up with some help. Just read a post back a bit...about new drugs for FM...might check it out if you want.

Sue
  8. lnj4life

lnj4life New Member

Hello,

My knees hurt as well. However, Im not sure if its the fibro (which I havent totally claimed) or the fact I had knee surgery years ago. The knee I had the surgery in hurt the worst, but my other knee hurts sometimes too. Im confused about this fibro thing. I have all the symptoms but since theres no blood test its hard for me to believe a docotr saying Im pretty certain you have fibromyalgia. I feel Im too young (age 27) for this. But then Ive read it affects young women a lot.

leslie
  9. saddlebred

saddlebred New Member

My knees have just started giving me fits. Mostly it's my right shoulder and arm that I have problems with. I don't have arthestis just Fibro. My shoulder will hurt so bad and when I'll lose control of my arm and hand. My arm feels like it's asleep and dead weight. I'll go to pick something up and my arm and hand may work or it my not. it keeps my on my toes!
    I've learned not to pick my grandson up with my right arm or hold him on that side because I'm scared I'll drop him. I dropped my granddaughter one day while trying to pick her up. Luckly she's almost two and just looked at me like I'd lost my mind. She wasn't hurt that goodness.
  10. saddlebred

saddlebred New Member

My knees have just started giving me fits. Mostly it's my right shoulder and arm that I have problems with. I don't have arthestis just Fibro. My shoulder will hurt so bad and when I'll lose control of my arm and hand. My arm feels like it's asleep and dead weight. I'll go to pick something up and my arm and hand may work or it my not. it keeps my on my toes!
    I've learned not to pick my grandson up with my right arm or hold him on that side because I'm scared I'll drop him. I dropped my granddaughter one day while trying to pick her up. Luckly she's almost two and just looked at me like I'd lost my mind. She wasn't hurt that goodness.
  11. IowaMorningGlory

IowaMorningGlory New Member

I do not have arthritis, but do have FM & CFS. My knees used to be the worst because they hurt constantly where everything else was intermittent.

I think the medications I am on have helped the pain. There still are days that I cannot get upstairs early in the day, or later in the day. Too much bending will make them flare also, but it will also make my back flare.

So in a nutshell, you definitely are not alone beadlady! I hope you find some relief for the burning I know how frustrating the pain can be.

Take care and Kitten Hugs,
    Blessed Be,
    Laurie :)
  12. abcanada

abcanada New Member

Yes, my feet, ankles, toes, knees, wrists & every other joint in my hands BURN like crazy. All day & all night. I can't seem to get relief from anything. Laura
  13. AliOmalley

AliOmalley New Member

Its so strange! It feels like an electrical charge going off in my knee joint. Its very painful - almost excrutiating but its transient. It comes and goes very quickly but it hurts like hell!!
  14. JaneSmith

JaneSmith New Member

I've had Fibro for years. Sometimes they hurt and then sometimes they don't, knees. Fibro hits every soft tissue at one time or another. Fibro doesn't swell up. That is how I know it's Fibro and then I don't have anxiety of it. It may go to the knees and then one day to the elbows and then maybe one day to the shoulders. Fibro is really about the soft tissues.(And this is just from my own experience)
  15. krchamp

krchamp New Member

The back and inside of my knees hurt me so bad that my knees give out and down I go. I don't have swelling either like some of the ones stated before me. So, I figure it is FM. The fire feeling is bad too. It is always something with this junk :O(

Kristi
  16. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

all of your replies