Do your Migraines FEEL like Sinus?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tandy, Mar 18, 2006.

1. tandy

tandy New Member

I've had this head pain for 3 days now!
    I think its a bad Migraine cause I'm even nauseated off and on. But it feels alot like sinus troubles, minus the post nasal drip.??
    Like if I bend over to pick something up I feel a pounding headache! My neck hurts too.
    I'm just confused guys~
    2-3 days!???
    Any meds I take for the pain,..it lessens it for awhile but then its right back~
    I feel it behind my eyeballs too.
    Does this sound like yours ??

Thanks
    Tandy
  2. sues1

sues1 New Member

I just read that migraines can be activated by perfume, flowers and such. I get all plugged up and sinus with same..so they would go together at times....

I just googled "Migraines NO pain" and the first posting (after advs.) I clicked onto and there is much on Migraines, a good article. I had searched it because someone on another post here said she heard there were also Migraines with out headaches..but all the other symthons were there......And that fact is true....

So check that site out for the info on all migraines....

Blessings.....Susan
  3. tandy

tandy New Member

Thanks Susan~
    I'll try to find the article.

These headaches of mine come in streaks too.
    Meaning,...... I can go 2 months without a headache, then start getting them again for a straight week,everyday~
    ?? just wondered if thats how Migraines are for everyone??
    or if I'm having at a different type alltogether?
    (tension,cluster??)
    Its with me as I type. more in the temples at the moment.

4. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

I have those headaches that you mention. I had migraines since I was 3. This type of headache is new, and different from migraines, but very painful. This type of headache I think has to do with FM/CFS. I am just trying to figure this one out myself. I think it's a neurological pain. Migraines pound when you lean forwards, so does sinuses. I think I need more insight in this question too. I guess I'm not of much help, but letting you know what I've noticed. My DD symptoms started off with the kind of head ache you talk about and it went on for years. Maybe you have a doc. that can help you, I didn't have one and I din't know what it was at the time. Hopefully someone can answer this question.
  5. deb06

deb06 New Member

THat is EXactly how I just told my husband I feel. Migaine in my sinuses. I am totally shut down- don't even want to lay down with all the pressure in my head. Sucks for sure, deb
  6. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

on occipital nerve headaches? I'll bump it for you. Several of us have them. They are very similar to what you are describing. Check it out..

Sofi
    [This Message was Edited on 03/19/2006]
  7. wowsers

wowsers New Member

Hi. I'm new here. I've been getting these headaches for about the past week or so and sometimes all the neck muscles get really flared up too. Miserable. One thing I noticed is that these headaches often are worse during the change of seasons. Early spring is now. A couple of more weeks and things should get back "normal".

wowsers
  8. tandy

tandy New Member

I just checked that other thread and posted there too.

???? I might be getting thses occip. nerve headaches??
    sure sounds like I could be.
    This is draining!!
    I just caught a hr nap and I'm feeling it crank again.

I'm at a loss here.
    I tried ice and it made it worse.

gonna try heat now~
    will check in later when I can.

I apreciate you all helping me figure this out~

Hugs
    Tandy
  9. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

Yeah, that's probably it! here's another link about it.

http://ww3.komotv.com/global/story.asp?s=1230136
  10. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I had a very bad headache that started with my sinuses this last week. I treated like a sinus, but after 12-16 hours of pain that was always there, just dulled by meds, I awoke with nausea, terrible one-side headache, and finally took a migraine pill....which stopped the pain.

So, I know what you mean, and I know about the occipital nerve kind as I have had those. Sometime, I think it's just a combo and no one can really figure out what's going on....whatever works to take the pain away.

I'm sorry about your pain. I do hope you will be feeling better soon....whatever kind it is.

Hugs,
    Sue
  11. Tmprincess

Tmprincess New Member

I've had sever chronic sinus problems for 20+ yrs, and all my migraines are exactly as you described! I get a lot of throbbing behind my eyes & in my temples! I keep telling my neuro that i think there maybe a connection between the two, but he says usually it's just a migraine.

I'm not sure I believe that or not, as many medications do not touch my migraine pain! ... I foresee a visit to the ENT soon, as it is just long over due and has been such a long time!!!

I have been doing a sinus rinse morning and night for the past couple of months. Hasn't reduced my migraines any, but has helped to keep my sinus passages clear. And I had read that the salt from the post drip, would help with the FM pain in the base of the skull and neck.... Which it has!

May sound funny, but humming some times also helps. Got to find the right pitch though.... It should make your lips, tongue, checks, nose, teeth, etc. vibrate. I find the lower notes tend to get things open and moving faster!

Good luck & hope you start getting some relief!
    TM~
  12. tandy

tandy New Member

My headache meds are'nt helping much.
    I take Fiorcet.
    My necks cracking too. uuuggghhh!
    Knock on wood,....it seems a lil better today~

I feel run over :)
    I'm just beat!

Hugs
    Tandy