Do your muscles ever feel like an elastic snapping?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by valleyann, May 29, 2006.

1. valleyann

valleyann New Member

Hello!

I have been getting this weird pain in my shoulders and my feet where my muscles feel like they are an elastic band snapping after it's been broken. Has anyone ever experienced this feeling? If so, do you know what it is from?

Thanks.
    Valleyann
  2. woofmom

woofmom New Member

My shoulders have recently started jumping around. For me, the cause is chemical sensitivity.
  3. valleyann

valleyann New Member

4. kriket

kriket New Member

My akillies (sp) tendons in the back part of my ankles do this. I will go to step up on something and they make this sound. It's not like the reg. crackling and popping sound that you usually hear. It does sound just like elastic popping.

Kriket
  5. sleepyinlalaland

sleepyinlalaland New Member

but, it sounds like you might be interested in a new post by Ephemera about "Doctors struggle to treat mysterious and unbearable pain".

It's an interesting article and the following is a sample in which she seems to describe something similar.

(describing a ballerina's stretching exercises)
    "For a moment, she delighted in the long stretch. But as she returned to an upright position, she felt a sudden pop in her hamstring. "It felt like a guitar string had been plucked and it had broken," said Ms. Toussaint, who is now 45."
  6. valleyann

valleyann New Member

kricket,

that is exactly where mine happens and also on my shoulder blade. it has that sound and feels like something just snapped. it doesn't feel good but the pain is only a fraction of a second.

sleepy,

thanks for the tip i will check out that post! :)

Valleyann