Do Your Pets Try to Prevent you From

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sisland, Feb 15, 2007.

1. sisland

sisland New Member

Useing your computer? My New little Pup tries his best to Detour me away from the pc. So i Have started to just get Down onthe floor and play with him for about 10 minutes ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Fetch, Tug-a-war and what ever eles i can think of, It works for awhile anyway ! I Gave in and gave him one of my old sandels to chew on,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,He's Lots of fun!,,,,,,S
  2. TKE

TKE New Member

Yep. Blue & Gold Macaw climbs up on the back of my chair & yanks on my shirt, pulls my hair, screams in my ear, nips me, etc.

Dogs (4 Toy Poodles)licking my toes, pawing at me, etc.

Worse than kids, LOL.
  3. sisland

sisland New Member

A Macaw and poodles! you got your hands full for sure! how on earth do you keep up with all of that? My Grandmom was Married to a man that Had 2 Macaws and an African Grey,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,They were very pretty Birds! The African Grey was the Talker and Whistler!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Plus they also had the very Large lime green parrots (love Birds) I remember them being very loud and Messy,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,But they were alot of entertainment for Grama! The African Grey would give Her the wolf whistle every time she walked by His cage,,lol she enjoyed them alot!.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,S
  4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

This is such a problem. Anytime I try to get near the computer, Reggie grabs my pants leg and won't let go. Then he shakes his head.

He is the most playful crocodile I've ever met.

(Reggie is still a juvy at 7 feet and 236 pounds.)
  5. TKE

TKE New Member

A Macaw and poodles! you got your hands full for sure! how on earth do you keep up with all of that?<<

I have a wonderful Huz who cleans :). I used to be a dog groomer & kept all of my poodles in show clip, but lately my dogs are a mess. Major back problems now get in the way of grooming them.

>>My Grandmom was Married to a man that Had 2 Macaws and an African Grey,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,They were very pretty Birds! The African Grey was the Talker and Whistler!<<

We also have an African Grey and a Umbrella Cockatoo. I used to have 8 poodles( raised & breed them for 26 years), but 4 have passed on due to old age.

My Macaw & Grey are major talkers. They all scream, but mostly they talk. They make a HUGE mess, but those rechargable cordless sweepers do a quick job of the seeds & nut shells on the floor. Plus the poodles scarf up some of it too, LOL. My Huz cleans the cages & runs the vac, does the laundry, etc.

All of my parrots go into their cages on command, so they aren't too hard to deal with. Plus they know Momma requires afternoon naps, so we all nap at the same time.
  6. sisland

sisland New Member

Wow! Rock! Reggie the crocodile.. too! One of the Guys i used to work with years ago had a pet Alligater in a Homemade Tank in his Basement! No Kidding! his name was Pat~~~` Everything was good until the alligater got to big for the tank and bit off one of Pats little fingers!,,,Not sure what ever became of Him ! But i do know of people who Have Pet snakes, and igquana's (sp)! Dc. you also Have a house full of comic Dogs i see! Wow can they Manipulate us Right! lollo!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Georgia~~ I Thought about getting a cat this time but Decided on this Free(Yes) Free Springer Spanial Pup! He's alot of work but also alot of fun! ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I need to Have a pet around,,, somehow they fill in the gaps!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,TKE~~~~Sounds Like you got your Hubby Trained! lolol, 26 yrs is along time to be in the Poodle Buisness!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Sounds like you really enjoy your Birds! They Know When they are loved!
    [This Message was Edited on 02/16/2007]
  7. joyfully

joyfully New Member

My son's dog wants attention 24/7. It doesn't matter WHAT you are doing----if you aren't paying attention to her---watch out!

She will deliberately get into something--ANYTHING to get your attention. If you don't notice that she has gotten into whatever, she will bring it to you and touch your foot to get your attention. Then, when you see that she has a magic marker, pencil, pot holder, artificial plant leaves, envelopes, sofa pillow, my gloves, my hubby's book marker, etc. in her mouth (chose any of the above)---she takes of running in this gleeful prance. Then, you get to chase her around the sofa that is in the middle of my Great room. I have to set up a barricade to catch her because I use an electric mobility scooter.
  8. sisland

sisland New Member

Lolo They think they are soso clever Huh! but such funnnn company! Thats cute how they want you to chase them around! ~~~~~~~Lucky The new little pup I have Does the excat same thing!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,usually He Gets one of my good shoes! (My Fault) Need to put them away or up High!,,,,,,,,,And one of my old gloves! andddddd the empty oatmeal can andd 2 old pot holders,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,You Know!,,,,,,,,,the list goes on and on! We go outside alot to go potty! and to check out the Neighborhood!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I keep forgetting that the whole world is new to Him (all Babies) and that every new noise and smell is new! Like The Train whistle, The fire siren,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, There's 3 Schools very Nearby where i Live and when the kids are out for Recess,,,,,,,,Well,,He Just can't quite figure out that noise Because he can't see them,,,,,,,,,,,,,it's Fun!,,S
  9. joyfully

joyfully New Member

So true. So far, it hasn't gotten any better and she turned 1 yr old a couple days ago. A "walk" around the block can take 45 minutes. She wants to smell and investigate everything.

My biggest concern is the sugarless gum that some children are throwing into yards. Sugar substitute is very dangerous for dogs. I have to keep a close eye on the munchkin because she is good at masking the fact she has something in her mouth.

Because she is a minature schnauzer, she had a beard (which further hides the chewing that she is doing).

After Halloween, you have to be exceedingly careful about dropped candies like M&M's. Dogs can't have chocolate.
    Kids rip the packages of M&M's open as they are running from one house to the next while "trick or treating". half of the package of candy ends up on the grass. Dogs have an unbelievable sense of smell and can sniff out the candy from a long distance.