Do your prayers keep you awake ?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Princessraye, May 23, 2003.

1. Princessraye

Princessraye New Member

This may seem like an odd question. I know for some who are more "advanced" than I , you can say your prayers and give all to God and sleep. It is not that way for me.

My mom had a really helpful suggestion. She knew that when I went to bed and said my prayers , because I was praying over my concerns for myself and others (and well as saying my thank yous to God) that it was bringing all of these worries up and that I was laying there thinking about the problems and not sleeping. Her suggestion was, say only your thank you prayers at night. Just thank God for his help in getting through the day. In the morning, say your prayers about things that concern you. You need to be awake then anyway :)
    This has been helpful to me and I thought it might be for some of you.
  2. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

Mom is intuitive! Thanks for the idea. Fondly June
  3. dsames

dsames New Member

I like your Mom's idea.

If we aren't careful we can bring our requests and petitions to God, give them to Him, and then pick them up and carry them around again. I know I have been guilty of that.

He is such a loving God, and He understands our human nature and is always ready to forgive.

Have a great holiday.

Love Shirley
  4. Princessraye

Princessraye New Member

Yes I do tend to give them and take them back and this has worked well for me. (until I can learn to leave my concerns with HIM :)
  5. Mumu

Mumu New Member

I'll try that! Praying at night has been a problem for me too. I tend to start out praying and end up worrying more, trying to think of solutions to the problems instead of letting God find the solutions. Thank-you's only at night might just work.