Doc appointment after ER visit

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by risinforce, Oct 11, 2005.

1. risinforce

risinforce New Member

So after my ER nightmare and being treated like a drug addict I visited my pain managment doc yesterday. He wanted the name of the ER doc. Of course I didn't know it. I was like "I don't remember I was in too much pain" Hello! Anyway, He said, why didn't you call the office? I about flipped out.

I said I did and nobody called me back. Then went on to tell him how I chewed out his receptionist, the nurse, after I got out of ER (before the morphine kicked in). I told him that the nurse said it takes between 24 to 48 hours to return calls. I told him that pain doesn't wait and it wasn't exceptable to me. He said they weree "working" on the problem. In the future I am to demand to speak to him so I can get something to get me through the "tough" pain.

He was sympathetic and is trying to help but I'm going to look into getting an exception with my insurance company in getting back w/my old pain doc. Even if I have to pay "out of network" 20%. We'll see, I'm HMO and that can be a nightmare. It's worth the hassle though.

Thanks for letting me vent. Need to get to work. Oh yeah, still have a headache and don't know what the hell to do about it. Decapitation??? LOL
  2. jbennett2

jbennett2 New Member

to hear of your bad experience. It's bad enought to be in pain - but to be treated like that is just plain shameful!

I have been asking the dh to decapitate me for years - for some reason he just won't do it. I also accuse him of beating my up in my sleep. LOL