Doc appt friday....What bloodwork should I suggest?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Carlacat, Mar 19, 2003.

1. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

Its been a while since I've had bloodwork checked so I'm thinking complete thyrod test(is there different tests for that?) possibly B12 checked and since I've been on meds I probably should have my liver checked. What do ya think..and any other suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Carlacat
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

For Carlacat, anyone can help her with this?

Shalom, Shirl
  3. Fibromiester

Fibromiester New Member

Bumpity-Bump!
    [This Message was Edited on 03/19/2003]
  4. Seagull

Seagull New Member

My former PCP took note of all the symptoms I described to him and decided to send me to a rheumy for further diagnosis of what sounded, to him, like FMS (he called it fibrositis).

But, first, he ordered all the blood tests available to rule out every other possible condition that the symptoms could mimic, like MS, Lupus, RA and all the other arthritis diseases, etc. All the tests came back negative for those conditions, but did show unusual high levels of certain elements. He made notes of where my pain symptoms were located, and all the other symptoms I was experiencing, and the frequency and severity of each. He also noted that I had been injured in a car accident several years before.

After this, he referred me to the rheumatologist, who diagnosed me on the first visit as having both chronic myofascial pain and FMS. The tests from my pcp apparently helped to expedite the diagnosis, because he said that they would have been needed by him anyway, to rule out other conditions.

I should point out that I looked up my symptoms on a medical website and it returned a list of possible contributing health conditions which included FMS. My pcp was apparently correct in first eliminating the rest of the conditions before sending me to the rheumy. :)