doc appt update...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dreamer28455, Apr 4, 2007.

1. dreamer28455

dreamer28455 New Member

well i went to the doc yesterday. he is really nice and understands fibro. he gave me celebrex which right now is making me sick...its an anti-inflammatory which i am a little mad now that i know that (he didnt tell me that) b/c i told him they did not work for me. i am feeling really sick and in pain cuz he poked and prodded all over as most firsts visits. just another bad day for me...dont know if im gonna make it through work today...so sick...in pain and another thing..the chat room is down! need someone to talk to...help :**(
  2. kfran

kfran New Member

I am glad I checked in before I get ready to go. I am so sorry that you are hurting, hang in there. Can you call him about the medicine making you sick? Our weather is a little snowy and cold, I am hurting too. Not that it helps you any by telling you that. I am going to the new Dr. today, I am worried about feeling worse after being prodded all over also, but am anxious to see this Dr. and maybe get somewhere finally. Is there anything you can drink that will settle your tummy? I will be thinking of you and will check in again when I get to work. ((((HUGS)))) to you!!!!
    Kim
  3. Engel

Engel New Member

Sorry you are hurting so bad. I am down too ... I think it is the weather doing me in (it is snowing). I am on lasix since I swelled up so bad over the weekend. I think it's helping some but my joints are absolutely killing me. I am hoping that this Rheumy I am going to see in a couple weeks can help me. He is supposed to be really good and knowledgeable about FM. The nurse practitioner I saw Monday put me on Tramadol (Ultram) and said it would not make me drowsy ... HA. lol These DRs do not know the side effects unless they have taken the drug themselves. I had trouble with Lyrica but others love it. Since I am off on STD I don't care if I am drowsy. It sounds like that chat room has had issues for days. I hope you feel better hun,
  4. dreamer28455

dreamer28455 New Member

i am glad you checked in too...new doc visits suck! i am aching and sick...blah. i hope your appt goes better than mine did. well i gues mine wasnt too bad..he is a good doc. but i hope you arent in as much pain as im in. i will be checking chat...if its up later ill probably be in so come in when you get to work...i am considering calling the doc and im considering leaving work..sleeping in my bed sound pretty good today! good luck! i will talk to you later! <3 Rachel
  5. dreamer28455

dreamer28455 New Member

im glad all my friends are here! its good to hear from you. it is cold here but not snowing..thank god...what is lasix? i have tramadol...but it does nothing for me also i ahd lyrica..screwed me up sooo bad...bad bad side effects with tha stuff. i see a rheumy too...hes not too much help though gave me injections which hurt but helped a little. im thinking about asking for one in my hips...we'll see. hope you feel better too! i will keep checkinig chat
  6. dreamer28455

dreamer28455 New Member

good to know im not the only one...maybe i should call the doc.. you think i should? i feel so crappy but i feel stupid for calling the next day i know they always say oh give the meds a few days blah blah blah...
  7. kfran

kfran New Member

Hello! I am at work now. Wow the roads were a little slick this morning. :) I have a meeting and other things I have to run around doing today. I know I will be very sore by tonight due to the cold weather. I have found it makes me feel worse. Lastnight I even put a heating pad in bed for my calves, still cramping from the night before.
    I would not feel stupid for calling the Dr. if it is making you feel that bad. At least let him know how it is making you feel. I know it is a hard decision about staying at work when you don't feel good. I am the main contact at our office and try to put on a good front that I feel great for now. I need the job, I have one son that is graduating this year, one that is in 10th grade and special needs, and another one that is in 9th grade.
    Anyway enough about me. I hope you get feeling better real soon. Keep in touch.
    Kim
  8. dreamer28455

dreamer28455 New Member

sorry it took so long to respond...i was at lunch (went home and sat on heating pad for an hour) lol. but im relunctently back at work. i havent called the doc yet..but i will maybe tomorrow. i am starting to feel a little less sick but still in pain. kim, i hope the weather gets better soon!! misty, maybe i will mention the valtoren to my doc. is the chat up yet? i just got back...im gonna check. <3 Rachel
  9. kfran

kfran New Member

I am glad to hear that you are feeling less sick now. I hope the pain lets up also!!!! I am going to be heading out here in a bit to my meeting. I will check in when I get back, if I don't have a chance before my appt. I will let you know how the Dr. visit went. Take care and keep smiling. :)
    Kim