Doc apt

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kittykat, Dec 5, 2002.

1. Kittykat

Kittykat New Member

I have a Doctors apt on Tue. I am currently taking Effxor, and do not feel it is helping me at all. I am not sleeping and still have really bad body aches.
    I was taking Elival and prozac and seemed to do a lot better then.
    Any suggestions or questions that I should be asking my doctor?
    Anyone help please! :)

jkat
  2. Kittykat

Kittykat New Member

I have a Doctors apt on Tue. I am currently taking Effxor, and do not feel it is helping me at all. I am not sleeping and still have really bad body aches.
    I was taking Elival and prozac and seemed to do a lot better then.
    Any suggestions or questions that I should be asking my doctor?
    Anyone help please! :)

jkat
  3. JP

JP New Member

Hello jkat,

Before you rule out Effexor, you may want to see if the dosage is comparable to your past dosage of Prozac. As you probably know, proper dosage is pretty important and Prozac may very well be a better medicine for you. Elavil is great for me too. I use it every night for sleep and nerve pain reduction. I also use Effexor for pain related depression and for chronic pain.

Take care,
    Jan
  4. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

I was in a terrible flare this summer, and also suffering from a lot of anxiety and depression. I was only taking 75 mg. of Effexor. My doctor increased it, gradually, to 225 mg. and I got better! Check with your doctor about increasing the Effexor. Also, I suggest you start taking Magnesium. It really does help with the muscle pain. Can you do stretching exercises? That also helps.

Annette2