Doc gave script for something that works!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kar1953, Jul 30, 2003.

1. kar1953

kar1953 New Member

My doc's nurse just called & said that doc is writing me a script for Percocet. I am to take 1/2 tab. 2 x day prn. I have Ultracet but there are times that it does nothig for me (lower back in particular). These times are when I wanted the Percocet. At first he wanted to give me Vicoden but I've had that before & it upsets my stomach terribly. So he did agree to the Percocet. Only 30 pills w/no refill. He wants to see how I do on them first before giving any refills.

I found out how well they work on fms pain when I had surgery 2 months ago & that's what surgeon gave me. I only used several then so have been using 1/2 tab at a time for fms when nothing else works & it works beautifully. A whole one gave me a high which I don't like - I don't like that goofy feeling in my head - I'm goofy enough, I don't need pills to help that along! lol

Just thought I'd share my good news with you all so we know there are good docs out there who aren't totally against any narcotics for us. He was reluctant at first, but did agree.

I told my husband yesterday that it makes me so mad that I have to live with pain (when I get it in my back it is really nasty) because docs are so afraid to give you any narcotic.

Anyhoo, I've rambled long enough!

Take care......Kathi
  2. kar1953

kar1953 New Member

I too, read in our newspaper about docs who have been charged with one offense or another involving drugs so I can understand the fear some have. I am lucky (for me - not him) that my doc has fms himself so he understands what we go through. I just wish I could get to the point where he is. If I didn't know he had it, I'd never suspect a thing. But I'm working on that too.

Thanks for your input on this subject. I've read other posts you've made, & feel you are an asset to this board. You have vast knowledge that can help us all.

Take care.....Kathi