Doc in Dallas

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by janiemac, Feb 20, 2006.

1. janiemac

janiemac New Member

Hello my wonderful friends,
    Well again I need your help. As I struggle to put one foot in front of the other, my new doctor told me today that I should get out on the treadmill and loose some weight and I would feel better. He does not believe this is a disease (technically correct but not emotionally) and will not help me get on disability. You would think with Fibro, CFIDS, Spondylosis, arthritis,diabetes, IBS, Asthma, Restless leg syndrome all over and migraines-to start he might be a little more sympathetic. And yes he is a Rheumey. Anyone know a good doc in Dallas/Mesquite area that would be able to help me and not be a nut !!

Janiemac
  2. SueSnyder

SueSnyder New Member

I can highly recommend neurologist Dr. John Harney in Richardson. (http://www.fmscommunity.org/findingadoctor.htm#Texas)

He's a unique doctor and at this point a friend. If I remember correctly, he initially planned in med school (many years ago now) to be a psychiatrist, then changed his specialty to neurology... which means he's a neurologist who's actually interested in people, not just their "cases".

His wife of many years also has FM, which has driven him to find solutions for her, which has led to his practice gradually attracting more and more FM and CF patients since he's extremely knowledgeable about it.

My only complaint is that his office staff, at least on the phone, are sometimes dreadful. I think it's a deal where they all try to "protect" him since he's a nice guy who's prone to squeeze distressed patients in before or after normal office hours until he's working 14 hour days 6 days a week, but you know what it's like to be hassled by a snotty office chick when you're in pain!!

An initial evaluation appointment will generally have to be scheduled months in advance, but he's well worth the wait.