Doc said fibro is causing adreneline rushes?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by camary1996, Nov 3, 2005.

1. camary1996

camary1996 New Member

Hi, I'm new here. I was DX with fibro last year. Was told to take celebrex and have a good life.

I've been having horrible stokelike symptoms for 14 years with no diagnoses until last week a endocrinoligist said these episodes are ccaused by the fibromyalgia affecting the hormones and causing spikes of adreneline in some people.

He perscribed a antidepressant and said it will help.

I've been on other fibro support groups and nobody has heard this. Have you?

I have very servere fatigue and most of the symptoms of fibro, but 3 of my 5 adult children suffer so much with fatigue, and they don't have the muscle pain.

Could anything else cause 4 people in one family to have such fatigue?

Thanks,

Tanya
  2. zoemurr

zoemurr New Member

Yes..my dr. said something similar..
    I'm seeing a chiro who treats with adjustments/supplements, and a lot of other holistic means. Anyway, I get horribly out of breath, sometimes from just sitting and watching tv. She said the same thing; that my "fight or flight" is very out of whack. It sends blood to other parts of my body (giving me the adreneline rush) when I don't need it, and makes me out of breath.

I'm just starting a new supplement that is supposed to help, and I'm getting adjustments from her. I've been going for about 2 months, and last week was the best week I've had in a very long time. :)
  3. urge2soar

urge2soar New Member

blood tests for your adrenal hormones? That should pretty much be the definitive.

It is very common in FMS/CFS to be fatigued as you are already aware, but most importantly be sure to have any other causes ruled out.

Peace*Health*Happiness
    soaring