DOC SAID I'M 48 NOT 83, NOT THAT DISABLED FOR PERM. HAND.CAP PARK

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Betty50victor, Oct 2, 2002.

1. Betty50victor

Betty50victor New Member

MY DOC CALLED THIS MORN. I'M SOOOO PISSED! I DROPPED PAPERS OFF AT KAISER RECP. FOR HIM TO FILL OUT WITH A NOTE EXPLAINING WHAT I NEEDED DONE WITH FORMS, ASAP, LIKE HE SAID HE WOULD AT LAST APPT. ON 9-6. ON THE HANDICAP PKG. ONE I CHECKED THE PERM. PLAQARD BOX AND ALL HE HAD TO DO WAS SIGN. HE NOTED ON CHART LAST TIME THAT I WAS SORE TO TOUCH ALL OVER AND SEEN AND WAS TOLD THAT I'M REALLY HAVING A HARD TIME WALKING ANY DISTANCE. BUT....HE SAID THAT I'M NOT 83 YRS OLD AND MISSING A LEG OR SOMETHING. TOO YOUNG TO BE CLASSIFIED AS PERM. DISABLED. HE SAID THERE'S NO WAY THAT HE CAN PREDICT THAT I'M DISABLED PERMANETLY. ONLY TIME WILL TELL BUT HE'S SURE I'LL GET BETTER. (EVEN THOUGH HE SAID NOT ENOUGH IS KNOWN ABOUT THIS DD BY DRS., ETC...)
    AS FOR THE DISABILITY CERT. HE'LL ONLY ISSUE IT FOR 2 MONTHS AT A TIME CAUSE THAT'S THE WAY KAISER AND DISABILITY WANT IT INCASE I DO GET BETTER. HE TOLD ME THAT !!ALL!!! PEOPLE WITH FIBRO THAT STOP WORKING WILL ONLY GET WORSE!!!!
    I TOLD HIM, LIKE I DID BEFORE I STOPPED WORKING, THAT I WAS JUST GETTING WORSE WITH EACH DAY. MY HANDS COULDN'T DO MUCH STRENOUS THINGS ANYMORE AND THAT I JUST COULDN'T TAKE THE STANDING. I WAS (FIBRO FOG) FORGETTING WHAT I WAS DOING AND MAKING THE STUPIDIST MISTAKES WHEN SETTING UP THE MACHINES. THAT'S NOT ME AT ALL!!!! I'VE (TIL NOT) RARELY, ALMOST NEVER, MADE MISTAKES IN MY LINE OF WORK. I LOVED MY WORK AND TOOK IT VERY SERIOUSLY. EX: SETTING UP THE EDM MACHINE I ALMOST BROKE THE ARM OFF THE MACH. WHICH WOULD HAVE COST 6,000$ TO FIX. JUST A STUPID MISTAKE. I JUST COULDN'T FORCE MYSELF ANY LONGER. HAD BEEN FORCING MYSELF FOR ABOUT THE LAST YEAR AT WORK AND DECIDED, AFTER TAKING THE FIBRO MGMT.CLASSES, THAT I HAD TO START TAKING CARE OF MYSELF OR I JUST WOULDN'T MAKE IT. I WAS JUST DESPERATELY TIRED ALL THE TIME. I'VE BEEN GETTING WORSE FOR OVER A YR. NOW AND I JUST DON'T KNOW HOW HE CAN SAY THAT NOT WORKING MAKES YOU GET WORSE.
    HE'S AN INTERNAL MED. DR. DO YOU ALL THINK THAT I SHOULD BE GOING TO A RHUM. DR. INSTEAD?
    I'M REALLY DEPRESSED OVER ALL THIS CRAP! IT'S BEEN SAID THAT NO ONE CAN MAKE YOU FEEL HOW YOU DON'T WANT TO FEEL BUT I CAN'T HELP IT. THIS DD IS, SOMETIMES, GETTING THE BEST OF ME! SOMETIMES I JUST WANT TO GIVE UP!
    WELL, GUESS I'VE RAMBLED ON ENOUGH. THANKS FOR THE EAR (EYES). I'VE WANTED TO WRITE ALL DAY ABOUT THIS BUT WAS JUST TO PISSED TO SIT DOWN AND DO IT. WENT TO BED AT 9:30 BUT WOKE UP AT 11:30 A FIGURED SINCE I WAS UP MIGHT AS WELL GIVE IT A GO.
    DON'T KNOW WHAT I'D DO WITHOUT ALL OF YOU.
    THANKS, BETTY IN VALENCIA, CA.
  2. Betty50victor

Betty50victor New Member

MY DOC CALLED THIS MORN. I'M SOOOO PISSED! I DROPPED PAPERS OFF AT KAISER RECP. FOR HIM TO FILL OUT WITH A NOTE EXPLAINING WHAT I NEEDED DONE WITH FORMS, ASAP, LIKE HE SAID HE WOULD AT LAST APPT. ON 9-6. ON THE HANDICAP PKG. ONE I CHECKED THE PERM. PLAQARD BOX AND ALL HE HAD TO DO WAS SIGN. HE NOTED ON CHART LAST TIME THAT I WAS SORE TO TOUCH ALL OVER AND SEEN AND WAS TOLD THAT I'M REALLY HAVING A HARD TIME WALKING ANY DISTANCE. BUT....HE SAID THAT I'M NOT 83 YRS OLD AND MISSING A LEG OR SOMETHING. TOO YOUNG TO BE CLASSIFIED AS PERM. DISABLED. HE SAID THERE'S NO WAY THAT HE CAN PREDICT THAT I'M DISABLED PERMANETLY. ONLY TIME WILL TELL BUT HE'S SURE I'LL GET BETTER. (EVEN THOUGH HE SAID NOT ENOUGH IS KNOWN ABOUT THIS DD BY DRS., ETC...)
    AS FOR THE DISABILITY CERT. HE'LL ONLY ISSUE IT FOR 2 MONTHS AT A TIME CAUSE THAT'S THE WAY KAISER AND DISABILITY WANT IT INCASE I DO GET BETTER. HE TOLD ME THAT !!ALL!!! PEOPLE WITH FIBRO THAT STOP WORKING WILL ONLY GET WORSE!!!!
    I TOLD HIM, LIKE I DID BEFORE I STOPPED WORKING, THAT I WAS JUST GETTING WORSE WITH EACH DAY. MY HANDS COULDN'T DO MUCH STRENOUS THINGS ANYMORE AND THAT I JUST COULDN'T TAKE THE STANDING. I WAS (FIBRO FOG) FORGETTING WHAT I WAS DOING AND MAKING THE STUPIDIST MISTAKES WHEN SETTING UP THE MACHINES. THAT'S NOT ME AT ALL!!!! I'VE (TIL NOT) RARELY, ALMOST NEVER, MADE MISTAKES IN MY LINE OF WORK. I LOVED MY WORK AND TOOK IT VERY SERIOUSLY. EX: SETTING UP THE EDM MACHINE I ALMOST BROKE THE ARM OFF THE MACH. WHICH WOULD HAVE COST 6,000$ TO FIX. JUST A STUPID MISTAKE. I JUST COULDN'T FORCE MYSELF ANY LONGER. HAD BEEN FORCING MYSELF FOR ABOUT THE LAST YEAR AT WORK AND DECIDED, AFTER TAKING THE FIBRO MGMT.CLASSES, THAT I HAD TO START TAKING CARE OF MYSELF OR I JUST WOULDN'T MAKE IT. I WAS JUST DESPERATELY TIRED ALL THE TIME. I'VE BEEN GETTING WORSE FOR OVER A YR. NOW AND I JUST DON'T KNOW HOW HE CAN SAY THAT NOT WORKING MAKES YOU GET WORSE.
    HE'S AN INTERNAL MED. DR. DO YOU ALL THINK THAT I SHOULD BE GOING TO A RHUM. DR. INSTEAD?
    I'M REALLY DEPRESSED OVER ALL THIS CRAP! IT'S BEEN SAID THAT NO ONE CAN MAKE YOU FEEL HOW YOU DON'T WANT TO FEEL BUT I CAN'T HELP IT. THIS DD IS, SOMETIMES, GETTING THE BEST OF ME! SOMETIMES I JUST WANT TO GIVE UP!
    WELL, GUESS I'VE RAMBLED ON ENOUGH. THANKS FOR THE EAR (EYES). I'VE WANTED TO WRITE ALL DAY ABOUT THIS BUT WAS JUST TO PISSED TO SIT DOWN AND DO IT. WENT TO BED AT 9:30 BUT WOKE UP AT 11:30 A FIGURED SINCE I WAS UP MIGHT AS WELL GIVE IT A GO.
    DON'T KNOW WHAT I'D DO WITHOUT ALL OF YOU.
    THANKS, BETTY IN VALENCIA, CA.
  3. queenbee69

queenbee69 New Member

Dear Betty! I hope you do feel better after venting. I was just going to log off when I read your posting. Im so sorry for you. I have a parking permit, I also have numeruos other disabilities. It kills me that the people who get the permits half of the time shouldnt. Why cant he give you a temporary one then? Atleast then he can just keep extening the time on it. We all know that you will not get better, you probably will learn to cope, but not get better. Go see a rheumotlogist. I was diagnoised by my family doc. but most people go elsewhere. I really feel bad for you. I know the feeling of frustration...you just want to hit something. It really sucks. I probably havent helped much, but I wanted to let you know I did read your post...Good luck and dont stop trying...queenbee69
  4. sybil

sybil New Member

how can anyone else tell you that working will make you feel better,when they don't know how ill you feel?
    i live in the U.K. and i have been off sick from work over 4 months now.very soon i will have to see my employers medical officer who will decide whether i will ever be able to return to work.
    now there are 2 options open to him.

1...he will retire me on ill health grounds and i will receive my works pension and a lump sum immediately.
    but this depends on whether he thinks i will ever be able to do a similar sort of office work again.

2....i will be sacked...i then have to wait until 60 for my works pension aand claim state benefits.

both decisions will be made by someone like the person who made a judgement on your DD, who doesn't know how much pain i'm in,how i can barely use my hands,how exhausted i am.
    i truly sympathise with your situation,i hope there is something you can do,appeal possibly,*hugs*

sybilxxx
    [This Message was Edited on 10/03/2002]
  5. Pat UK

Pat UK New Member

I have been turned down twice for disabled parking I have cfs and can only walk about 30 yards outside of my own home.
    I have continuous fatigue all day and every day and know that I should at least be awarded a badge. I have also been turned down for disability living allowance, it makes me really mad when people get it for nothing I think it is very unfair.
    Pat.
  6. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

sounds to me like you might be needing a New Doctor.
    I would see a Rheumotologist, or if you also have some Orthopedic problems, you should see and Orthopedic Dr.
    They will give you a Plaque without all the hassel.

I have mine, but I usually park so that I can walk some, and the days where I really Hurt, I park closer in the D-P-S.

I would check around and talk to the different Doctors in your area, talk to the Nurse because usually they can give you a better idea of how the Dr. deals with these dd's.

I looked at your profile, and boy do you look familiar, lol, have you ever heard that before? I use to hear that all the time, but you do look like a gal I know here in Long Beach, maybe she's your Twin. lol.

Hope you have a Stressfree and Painless day,
    kredca4/sharon
  7. BonnieQ

BonnieQ Member

My rheumatologist wouldn't give me a H. parking tag either. So I asked my podiatrist and he gave me a 6 mo one which has only one more month on it. I hear you, I can't walk far anymore, somedays its alot worse than others. Some days I push it just to keep half way in some kind of shape. My hips and my feet bother me terrible somedays. But they say legally we are not entitled to a handicap parking tag. I sure wish they could walk in my shoes just one day and they would quickly change their mind. I only use it when I am having a bad day, otherwise I love to walk. DRS!
    By the way I checked your profile, I have a mirror and ivy on it just like the one in the background in your photo in my laundryroom!
    Bonnie
  8. allhart

allhart New Member

i havent been able to get the drs to sign a permeant handi card either but im on my 4 tempory that last 6 monthes each
    the lady at motor vechials pointed that out
    i realy would like the drs to show us these other patients who are so much better now then they were before ive had improvements but they dont seem to last that long i havent been able to walk threw the mall in five years on my best days i could only drive there and go in the store closest to where i park,
  9. Thella

Thella New Member

About the sticker I am not familiar with the rules pertaining to it. But in Ont. the form does not have to be filled in by a dr. A chiropracter or physio therapist is just as qualifide and able to sign them.
    Maybe you could check around and find one who would sign off on it for you.
    I am curious is there a charge for the stickers? If you have to pay every 2 months that is a rip off to say the least.
    hope you get some help soon
    thella
  10. debrastets

debrastets New Member

Betty seems to me you need to go to another doctor! Some days i walk alright others i can hardly get across room! Also when i do use my card people will look at me as if there is nothing wrong sometimes.I walk and to store and need help getting out.I have had people to say to me : You dont look H.C. and i just say ;well what does it have to do with my looks! Good luck! Hope you get one. You are in my prayers! Iam 51!!!!
  11. inpain3

inpain3 New Member

that he can kiss inpain3's arse...i am 25, got my parking placard at 24, have 3 little kids 1,3,4. and i cannot walk 30 feet without wanting to literally die.It does NOT matter what you look like or how old anyone is...it is what you can do to your ability!
    my rheumy gave me mine and told me specifically i am not to walk in grocery stores, either use their scooter things or get my own. i have got to save what energy i do have for the care of my small children.
    as for him saying he wont know if your gonna be permantly "disabled" tell him that the permanent placards are for 5 years, not a lifetime....and then ask if he has a cure for you since he is so determined to think you'll be all well in 2 months! doctors like that really pi*&^ me off and i love to tell them about it..
    Hon you go find yourself a rheumatologist and tell that pain in your arse to take all his beliefs and future seeing talents and put it to use and give us the cure we so desperatly need!
    till then, if he wont give you a placard, ask for his doctor parking pass so you can park up front on you appointments with him..

God bless n good luck

inpain3
  12. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

I got my disabled parking plaque when I was in my early 20's. You should really try another doctor. Someone more sympathetic. I hope you get it.

Teabisqit
  13. lilwren

lilwren New Member

I'm 39 and have CFS and have tried for years to get a parking permit for Florida. One doctor told my husband no because he didn't want to get in trouble for perjury because I wasn't really disabled. Another doctor agreed to give me a temp for three months - I got to use it once.

I don't understand why doctors are so reluctant to help us? Why do we get treated so poorly? I need to walk, I like to walk, I miss walking, but some days I just can't get across the room. It's not that I am trying to get away with something - just a little help - just a little increase in my quality of life. If I had a permit I might not be so afraid to go grocery shopping by myself. Why do we get treated like criminals!?

I've been wondering if a bribe would work! Doctors are just as slimy as lawyers are in my opinion! Maybe if we greased some palms!?

I know how maddening it is to be treated like crap by your doctor(s). I know what it feels like to want to choke your doctor(s)! I know the pain of the WHOLE situation. One day those of us with this DD will get satisfaction!!!!! The game has got to come around to our advantage at some point!

Please don't give up hope. I've been crying all day because of this DD - I'm so frustrated with IT! I hope that things improve for you!

Sharon L

14. inpain3

inpain3 New Member

the parking placards here {ohio/tennessee} are $2.75. if you want parking tags (the metal ones, like license plates) for the car they are $65 i think, for a yr.
    the $2.75 ones are temps, for 6 months, and same price for permanent ones, 5 yrs.
    God bless!

inpain3