Doc visit Sat 04/17

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shari1677, Apr 17, 2010.

1. shari1677

shari1677 New Member

With all the meds I am on, my doc sees me once a month now.

He upped my Ritalin from 15 mg a day to 30 mg a day - lets see how that goes!
    He told me to stay on my usual meds.

Of note - he told me to EXERCISE - NO MATTER WHAT, rain, shine, pain, fatigue, flareup - anything. He told me I HAVE to walk everyday, get my heart rate up, 5 minutes away from the house, 5 minutes back. Start with 10 minutes a day.

I hope I can do it. It was 80 degrees here last week - and today it is snowing!
  2. kat211

kat211 New Member

I have been busting my hump for the past 2 weeks trying to get my house in order, it has been a lot of physical labor. I have to say, it makes me feel great, and great is a subjective term.

Even when I was just walking a mile a day I could feel and improvement. It is hard, but if you just push yourself you can do it.

I am on 20 mg, 10 2xs a day, of the generic ritalin. I think I have been on it a bit longer than you. I did have to quit for a week because I was so sick with the flu, but it is going ok for me. I am actually going to send the dr and email today to tell her how it is going and see about getting it upped in the afternoon because I am back to taking naps.

With everything considered, my pain level and concentration are better, but I have started to see a slide in my exhaustion. I do feel better now after a short nap than I did prior to the meds and physical activity. I can actually get started again after I take a nap rather than waste the whole day being in a fog.

I am also getting 100% in my grad class!

I also bought this thing called a Bosu ball. I have the one with a stand. It is also helping me exercise because the work is low impact.

The weather you are having sounds like how it is here in Denver. I was freezing yesterday, and now it is nice again.

Sorry for the rambling, My brain hasn't kicked in yet today. That and my son is talking 500 miles an hour into my ear.

I hope the new dosage and exercise work for you.