DOC wants me in ASAP about MRI.....I'm Scared :(

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Hope4Sofia, Sep 13, 2006.

1. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

My neurologist's office called today and said my Dr just reviewed my MRI and wants me to come in asap to go over it.

I already had an appointment scheduled for Oct 4 and I still have 4 more tests to run before we were supposed to meet. But he wants me in this Fri.

What does this mean?! What did he find? I can't help wondering if he found MS.

Just can't calm my mind.

Sofi
  2. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

I wish I could answer your question, but of course I can't. It may be something minor. I got called in about a chest x-ray just the same only to find out in the office that it showed- nothing! Good heavens,,

Please keep us updated as you find out what it is, will you?!?

(((HUGS)))
  3. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Will you let us know what happened?

Hugs,

Nancy B
  4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

He has changed his schedule.

He wants to cancel the upcoming tests.

His office is going to be painted in Oct.

Just no way to know. We are keeping our fingers crossed for you.
  5. angeleyes3815

angeleyes3815 New Member

I had a M.R.I done and they called me in also, but it was nothing but to say this is what is going on. You know that it is going to come back with showing fibro but your right it can be M.S. However if it is we are strong enough to get though it. M.S. is not much diffrent then wnat we have. I've been in a wheel chair and everything that they go though with M.S. so please don't be afraid. Please let me know how it turns out for you.
    Angeleyes.
  6. hob

hob New Member

let's hope that he has good news and if he doesn't maybe he can show you how to feel better. try to relax and keep us posted.

you'll be in my thoughts

hob
  7. Mini4Me

Mini4Me New Member

Love and Hugs...
    Keep us posted.
    Mini
  8. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

Oh Sofi, what can worrying do except make it worse for you? You can't control what comes to your mind, but you really can control whether or not to dwell on it. The more you dwell on it, the more stress it will cause your body and that will be harmful to you. I know that words are easy, but try this...if you believe in God, whenever the thought of the MRI or the doctor come to your mind, turn it over to God. Just give Him your burden. Whether you are a believer or not, try to immediately think of something else, something pleasant and take deep breaths. The added oxygen will help to calm you.

The truth is you don't know what the doctor will say and you have no control over it. Worrying will harm you. You will get through this. Look at the name you have chosen for yourself. I think it says a lot about you. You have hope!! Believe it.

Blessings,

Lolalee
  9. kirschbaum26

kirschbaum26 New Member

Dear Sofi:

The not knowing is always the worst. You just have to take a big breath and realize that you will have some answers on Friday. It could be bad news, but it could also be good news. Just take it one day at a time.

I also have been waiting for follow-up appointment with my ob/gyn. I had a d&c two weeks ago, and they did lots of biopsies to see what was going on. I have to wait until Friday as well.

Good luck to you, and here is a cyber hug as well.

{{{{hug}}}}

Ingrid
  10. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Hi Sofi,

I know that "not knowing" can be very worrisom and I can relate. May I ask what you had the MRI for? Like the neck area, lumbar spine, etc.?

Just curious; it may be nothing serious but something that needs to be discusses as soon as possible.

With doctors, we just never know.

Thinking of you,
    BlueSky555
  11. Lendy5

Lendy5 New Member

Hi sofi, Maybe you could call them back and tell them you really want to know over the phone.

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

carolin
  12. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

Sofia,

Sending you hugs, prayers, peace and calm thoughts. Let us know how it goes, and we hope it turns out as well as possible.

Warm hugs,

Erika
  13. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

Your comfort means a lot to me.

I actually got in early to see my Dr. I was so nervous I just couldn't wait.

NO MS!! Yeah!!

I did have 2 lesions but he felt they were more indicative of migraines.

He did go over things with me though. He believes I have dysautonomia with episodic cluster headaches, TMJ and RLS. He is starting me on Toprol for my circulation and some other meds for my sinuses.

It's basically a more involved way of saying Fibromyalgia but at least he has an action plan for treating it.

Thank you so much for caring. I have a much brighter outlook now. At least I'm not dieing!

Thanks again,

Sofi
  14. darude

darude New Member

I had the same thing. GP doc called and I went in and they found tumor and lesions. Had another MRI straight away and then said it was a cyst and lesions were normal part of aging. Neuro said not neurological!!!!!!!!!!!! Radiologists that read it have to put the worst scenario as I have heard. Soooooo follow up with Neuro for sure as could turn out to be nothing.
  15. Neicee99

Neicee99 New Member

to hear that you do not have MS! Don't you wish doctors could just talk to you over the phone instead of having to go in an see them. Sooooooooooooo dramatic!!!!

Good luck with your new medications.

Hugs
    Neicee(NH)
  16. PVLady

PVLady New Member

I think it is really bad if they scared you like this. My gosh!!!

I know you will see your doctor tomorrow, so let us know how you are.

I wish you the best...
  17. Lendy5

Lendy5 New Member

Hi Sofi - I'm so glad your visit went well. My Neurologist told me I also have the white lesions.

I'll be honest with you, I don't like the idea of it but it seems alot of people have these also. He told me it was part of aging and I suffer from chronic headaches and migraines too.

Good Luck on your new meds.

carolin
  18. kholmes

kholmes New Member

That's great news! Well, not about the cluster headaches, but about the fact that it's not MS. I'm glad you got in and checked things out.

Kholmes
    [This Message was Edited on 09/15/2006]