Docs in the Chicago suburbs

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by AuntTammie, Dec 31, 2008.

1. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

I finally found a Dr who really knows his stuff, and he is closing his practice. So, I am wondering if anyone knows of any good docs near where I live. I am in Woodridge, IL. It's a suburb of Chicago, near Naperville, Downers Grove, Bolingbrook, Lisle, and Glen Ellyn. I cannot travel very far on any kind of regular basis, so I need someone who is in one of these towns, or as near as possible to them. There are a few other nearby towns that might be doable, too. It also needs to be a doctor who take Aetna and Medicare. I would love to find someone who takes Medicaid, but so far pretty much no one does. If you don't know about the insurance stuff, but do know of a good doc, that's ok. I can find out about the rest. I'd also really prefer it to be someone who is ok with the use of alternative/natural treatments/supplements, etc.
  2. tig519

tig519 Member

Not too near, but not too far when you take the highways. either 290 to North or Eisenhower to 1st avenue. Depends on where you are in Woodridge. I'm in Naperville and its about a 30 minute drive. Her office is in Gottleib Hospital.

Dr Lynn Meisles (rheumy). She spends a lot of time really listening and appears to be up on the latest protocols. My first appt with her was over an hour, and subsequent ones are as long as needed. I'm not on any narcotics, so it may be different... but she gives me a year's worth of refills (although I do try to see her every 6 months). Not sure about supplements, but she encouraged me to continue to see a chiropractor if I can for massages and adjustments, work on stress management through yoga and reviewed other low impact exercise like swimming that encouraged continuous movement. I take Lyrica and tramadol for meds (lower dosages) and she ensures (through my primary physician) that my liver and kidney blood work is checked on a regular basis. She also made sure she had my current labs before prescribing. Those are all things important to me.

It does list that she takes Medicare.

Good Luck.
  3. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

According to mapquest it's 33 minutes from me....usually that means more like 40 or so, depending on traffic...a little further than ideal, but still possibly manageable, esp if I don't have to go there that often....I will see if there are any other possibilities, but will definitely keep her in mind....thanks!
  4. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

Try Dr. Berndtson in Park Ridge.

He's very good.
  5. munch1958

munch1958 Member

Dr William Epperly near the Stratford Square mall is very good. He works with hormone replacement pellets and of course fatigue based disordered patients. He's good with thryoid disorders too. He also uses the Alpha Stim for pain relief in the office.

I also like Dr David Edelberg in Lincoln Park, Chicago. It's a bit of a drive for me from Central IL to either doc but they are both worth it. I found Dr Edelberg on the Co-Cure Good Doc List on the old board here. He's got 1,500+ FM patients and really understands all aspects of it especially the pain.

Neither doc makes me wait longer than 5 minutes for a scheduled appointment. That's important when I have a long drive and fatigue and pain issues. Neither doc treats you like it's all in your head.