Doctor Appointment Tomorrow

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by HeathersJourney, Mar 6, 2006.

1. HeathersJourney

HeathersJourney New Member

I have my doctor's appointment tomorrow. I really hope it goes well, but I don't know what to even expect. This is the first appointment for me. I'm not sure what all I should even tell him. I guess everything, from the beginning. I am so tired and so tired of being sick and sick and tired of being sick and tired. I just want my life back. My son is growing up so fast. I am missing out on so much. I have always been the type of person who doesn't take medicine. But I would go to the pharmacy with a notebook of prescriptions tomorrow if I could just feel good for one day. I will post what I find out tomorrow. Wish me luck!
  2. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

I just started the doc scene as well (since my dx). What kind of doc are you going to? Have you been dx yet?

I put everything down on paper before I went in so I wouldn't forget anything. i don't know about you but I tend to feel rushed in DRs appointments.

I hope all goes well. They will probably draw blood or schedule tests. If you have any tests you know you want run, write those down too.

I go back on Thurs to review my lab work. I'm very anxious to see what showed up.

Good luck!
    Sofi
  3. tonakay

tonakay New Member

Good luck on your appt. today, post and let us know how it went.

Hugz,
    Tona
  4. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

HeathersJourney:
    On my first appointment to my present doctor I told him that I hurt 'from head to toe'. It summed it up.
    From that moment on he has done all to keep me comfortable and able to sleep through the night. Before I got him as a doctor I never had a pain-free moment. Maybe the 'head to toe' description may help you if it fits. Just a suggestion.
    Good luck with the appointment.
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
  5. ckzim

ckzim New Member

You didn't mention what kind of doctor...but maybe asking him right from the get go if he has any Fibro patients?
    Is he familair with Fibro? Something to that effect.

Maybe show him a print out of symtoms of Fibro,pointing out the ones you have, the tender pts you have...etc..etc..and tell him that's what you feel like.

Go from there depending on what he says of what you need to tell him.
    I've been to doctors that didn't even believe in Fibro..but I didn't know that till afterward. So I put myself through that "disbelief" for nothing. Which stressed me out..bummed me out...so try and get it out in the open of why your there.

I hope it will all go good for you,keep us posted.
    HUGS
    KathyZ