Doctor Dakos Has Died

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by Mikie, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Just wanted to let y'all know that Dr. Dakos has died. He is the one who started the peptide injections here and got my doc, Dr. Gomeringer, into providing the injections. He was 86 and was still seeing patients until recently. He was a very sweet and smart man with many interests. I feel as though I owe him a lot, even though he was not my own doc. I met him at the workshop on the injections where he spoke along with my doc. He was a very proactive practitioner in all the areas of medicine in which he worked.

Love, Mikie
    Waynesrhythm likes this.
  2. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

I'm very sorry to hear that, Mikie. It sounds like he was a wonderful person.

It's good that he was able to share his knowledge with other practitioners so they can carry on his work.
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Thank you, Nanie. Yes, he was so anxious to help others learn about the benefits of the peptide injections and traveled to Oxford often to keep abreast of the newest research. There is work going on to find the right peptide sequences for all kinds of illnesses. I think it holds so much promise for all of us.

Love, Mikie
  4. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

I'm really sorry to hear that, Mikie. I'm sure he will be missed by his patients.
    I sure wish I could try those peptides some day. I'm so glad they helped you!
    Forebearance
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Forebearance, thank you so much for your condolences and you kind words about how the injections have helped me. I hope you can get them too.

Love, Mikie
  6. deepak

deepak Member

May his soul rest in peace

I had emailed him a few times and he always replied generously.

Love,
    Deepak
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Thanks, Deepak. I'm sure he is in the best part of Heaven. BTW, I love your avatar.

Love, Mikie