DOCTOR DEATH(No!)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by svajainga, Sep 10, 2002.

1. svajainga

svajainga New Member

I am new to these boards,I must admit.Already I have found some degree of comfort in knowing that there are so many others out there searching and coping every day.I apologize ahead of time for my somber-ish posting right here. The thing is that I am having what I like to call a "Dr.Kevorkian" Day.I realize that I am being terribly dramatic and darkly silly with this. Believe me,I appreciate and have immense gratitude for every little(or big) thing in my life. There are just times like today
    when I think about strange things after yet another horrible doctors appointment. I have been refused adequate pain medication for 7 years and counting.....and I have definitely wished some great horrors to befall upon all of the doctors.I realize that they are just pawns in a medical system that commonly persecutes chronic pain patients,But I can't help fantasizing for some form of revenge!!!! Has anyone else out there had these kinds of thoughts? I'm not
    sure where to turn from here.Any suggestions for a FIBRO girl with little money???? I would greatly appreciate any suggestions or comments.Thank you all for these incredible boards and for reading this bizarre-o posting of mine.
    Best Wishes for Today
    svajainga
  2. svajainga

svajainga New Member

I am new to these boards,I must admit.Already I have found some degree of comfort in knowing that there are so many others out there searching and coping every day.I apologize ahead of time for my somber-ish posting right here. The thing is that I am having what I like to call a "Dr.Kevorkian" Day.I realize that I am being terribly dramatic and darkly silly with this. Believe me,I appreciate and have immense gratitude for every little(or big) thing in my life. There are just times like today
    when I think about strange things after yet another horrible doctors appointment. I have been refused adequate pain medication for 7 years and counting.....and I have definitely wished some great horrors to befall upon all of the doctors.I realize that they are just pawns in a medical system that commonly persecutes chronic pain patients,But I can't help fantasizing for some form of revenge!!!! Has anyone else out there had these kinds of thoughts? I'm not
    sure where to turn from here.Any suggestions for a FIBRO girl with little money???? I would greatly appreciate any suggestions or comments.Thank you all for these incredible boards and for reading this bizarre-o posting of mine.
    Best Wishes for Today
    svajainga
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Svajainga, glad you found the board. That is an unusual name, what is the meaning?

Sorry you are having such a bad time, I do feel so bad when the young people are suffering with these two illnesses.

I do hope you find a good doctor soon. We do have a list of good doctors, here it is; http://www.co-cure.org/Good-Doc.htm

Take care, and hope we hear from you often.

Shalom, Shirl
  4. Copper2002

Copper2002 New Member

..really to offer to help you through today. Just wanted to send you a BIG hug, cuz I, too, am having a HORRIBLE day and I sympathize! One thing for both of us: get through today as best we can, and rest tonight secure in the knowledge that tomorrow WILL be different!

Gentle hugs,
    Copper
    Let Miracles Replace all Grievances
  5. jaysie99

jaysie99 New Member

If there is no doctor near you on our co-cure list, try searching for Sorce-P (Society for ongoing relief of chronic excrutiating pain). After filling out a pain form and free membership they will send you a list of good doctors in your area. They also have information on how to communicate your need for adequate pain medicine to a doctor. Sorry that I don't have the exact url.

Good Luck and Take Good Care,

Jaysie
  6. garyandkim

garyandkim New Member

Pain has been shown (untreated) to cause peminant damage. Not over dramatic. It can really be a ********. Glad you found this site it is really great. We did find that Blue Emu has halped some. We just bought some lsat month and have turned a few other friends with FMS on to it and they say it does help them some. It does make your skin a bit blue, but, it has haelped us.

Good luck, Kim and Gary