? Doctor for FM In Charlotte, NC

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by AnnetClo, Oct 14, 2002.

1. AnnetClo

AnnetClo New Member

Hi
    I just found your site today and have enjoyed the posts. One was about a new study for CFS in the Charlotte area, so I'm hoping that someone can give me some advice as to who to see for dx/treatment of FM in Charlotte. I haven't been diagnosed yet but I have a couple of friends who have and both seem to think that there is a real possibility that I have it. Personally, I thought maybe I was just a hypochondriac, since that's certainly what my GP thinks. I was tested in Feb of this year for hypothyroidism because of the fatigue and inability to lose weight. I have trouble concentrating and remembering which I've noticed for the last year or so. I attributed that to being over 50. I am so tired and stiff in the mornings when I get up that it's difficult to walk. I attributed that to age also. The biggest complaint though is the pain. I will have pain in the lower back that is so severe that I don't want to move but then in an hour or so it will be gone but I will be having pain in my neck. Or my hip, my knees, abd pain, headache. I just don't understand how you can have pain in so many places for no apparent reason. Thus, the hypochonriac idea. I have had vague pains for 5 years or so but in the last 1-1 1/2 years it has gotten much worse; after I fell down the stairs and had to have a cervical fusion. I don't handle chronic pain well anyway, but this is driving me up the wall. I can certainly understand how this can cause depression. My problem is I don't know who to make an appointment with and I really don't want to see another doctor who thinks I'm wacko. Can anyone help??

Thanks
    Annette
  2. AnnetClo

AnnetClo New Member

Hi
    I just found your site today and have enjoyed the posts. One was about a new study for CFS in the Charlotte area, so I'm hoping that someone can give me some advice as to who to see for dx/treatment of FM in Charlotte. I haven't been diagnosed yet but I have a couple of friends who have and both seem to think that there is a real possibility that I have it. Personally, I thought maybe I was just a hypochondriac, since that's certainly what my GP thinks. I was tested in Feb of this year for hypothyroidism because of the fatigue and inability to lose weight. I have trouble concentrating and remembering which I've noticed for the last year or so. I attributed that to being over 50. I am so tired and stiff in the mornings when I get up that it's difficult to walk. I attributed that to age also. The biggest complaint though is the pain. I will have pain in the lower back that is so severe that I don't want to move but then in an hour or so it will be gone but I will be having pain in my neck. Or my hip, my knees, abd pain, headache. I just don't understand how you can have pain in so many places for no apparent reason. Thus, the hypochonriac idea. I have had vague pains for 5 years or so but in the last 1-1 1/2 years it has gotten much worse; after I fell down the stairs and had to have a cervical fusion. I don't handle chronic pain well anyway, but this is driving me up the wall. I can certainly understand how this can cause depression. My problem is I don't know who to make an appointment with and I really don't want to see another doctor who thinks I'm wacko. Can anyone help??

Thanks
    Annette
  3. AnnetClo

AnnetClo New Member

I'll give her a call right now.
  4. TiredbutWired

TiredbutWired New Member

I go to Dr.Lapp in charlotte at the hunter hopkins center.He does the ampligen study.He will not treat you like you are crazy and he does treat the symptoms.He has helped me so much and is a wonderful man.The number is 704-543-9692 you can call for prices.That is the bad thing no insurance but I fly from Fla to see him and I have no regrets.I would be happy to answer any questions or just to chat.Tracey
  5. TiredbutWired

TiredbutWired New Member

Yes you are right he is 330 a hour plus tests.He is very expensive but has helped me so much.But he does not run a bunch of unnecessary test if you bring your records so I was happy about that.I would love it if you keep me informed on the ampligen.I am really hoping you get to participate.If you want you can write on the ampligen post,I am trying to keep that up for everyone to get a chance.When I was there he wanted 15 more people.Thanks,Tracey
  6. jigglinjello

jigglinjello New Member

Greetings,
    I am wanting to discuss Dr. Lapp treatment with someone that has been to him. My health insurance will cover my trip from Texas.....I have been diagnosed with MS, but I also have been dx with CFS and FM....Over the past three years the flares are starting to come so close together that I am either coming out of one or going into one every week. I am very , very ill.
    The doctors here have given up on me , they tell me they can do nothing for me, it is like they are leaving me to just go curl up and die. They say they know of nothing to do cause no one believes in CFS/FM , even today there are still neanderthals.
    I am hurting really bad today , so I can't post much. Unfortunately I am only able to get here infrequently because my illness is so progressed. Oh, and if they tell you that this illness is not progressive, they "lie".....
    Currently I am doing a one woman clinical trial with dual antiobiotic treatment. Meaning two IV antibiotic injections per week. I was doing great the first month, but feel as though this month Im having a setback. I don't know if this is common or not?
    email me at jigglinjello@hotpop.com and I would love to exchange information...
    JJ
  7. jigglinjello

jigglinjello New Member

Greetings,
    I am wanting to discuss Dr. Lapp treatment with someone that has been to him. My health insurance will cover my trip from Texas.....I have been diagnosed with MS, but I also have been dx with CFS and FM....Over the past three years the flares are starting to come so close together that I am either coming out of one or going into one every week. I am very , very ill.
    The doctors here have given up on me , they tell me they can do nothing for me, it is like they are leaving me to just go curl up and die. They say they know of nothing to do cause no one believes in CFS/FM , even today there are still neanderthals.
    I am hurting really bad today , so I can't post much. Unfortunately I am only able to get here infrequently because my illness is so progressed. Oh, and if they tell you that this illness is not progressive, they "lie".....
    Currently I am doing a one woman clinical trial with dual antiobiotic treatment. Meaning two IV antibiotic injections per week. I was doing great the first month, but feel as though this month Im having a setback. I don't know if this is common or not?
    email me at jigglinjello@hotpop.com and I would love to exchange information...
    JJ
  8. AnnetteP

AnnetteP New Member

I sent you an email, entitled, "RE: Dr. Lapp/ImmuneSupport.com"....just so you'll know not to delete it.

Annette
  9. TiredbutWired

TiredbutWired New Member

Hi!I also sent you a email so let me know if you do not receive it,I often type things in wrong.Tracey