Doctor in Thousand Oaks, CA area

Discussion in 'Find Good Fibromyalgia & ME/CFS Doctors & Clinics' started by abrouda, Oct 30, 2013.

1. abrouda

abrouda Member

I'm looking for a doctor (preferably rheumy) in the Thousand Oaks, CA area. I was diagnosed with EDS by the geneticist at Cedars-Sinai. I've tried two reheumys in T.O. and wasn't happy with either of them. First they seem to not believe in EDS and second they use fibro and chronic pain synonomously which is causing insurance problems for me. One started me on Lyrica but has me on a rather low dose (200 mg/day) and won't see me to increase it for 2 months. The other thought Flexeril would be a magic pill for me and it didn't do anything. Luckily the geneticist got me going with a really good PT program, I just need someone to manage the meds and do the bone density scans, etc. Thanks!
  2. mbofov

mbofov Member

Hi abrouda - first, I don't know anything about EDS, its management or treatment. But just wanted to suggest you look at acam.org. It's a website for integrative medicine doctors. They seem to be about the only ones who know anything about fibromyalgia or chronic fatigue syndrome, so they might be able to help you too. I think at the least they'd be more inclined to believe that EDS is real, and might know even know something about it. There's a search feature under "health resources" at the top of the page which will show you IM doctors in your area.

That's one of the toughest features of these DD - finding doctors who even believe us, much less know how to treat us - it's crazy!

Best of luck -

Mary