Doctor in Toronto?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Rafiki, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

Anyone who lives in Ontario will know how crazy this question is but does anyone know of a doctor in Ontario who is familiar with, interested in or sympathetic to ME?

My doctor appears to have left the practice of general medicine. She was not particularly interested in ME but is an intelligent woman willing to assume the same of me. I'm not 100% sure that she has totally left family practice but it looks that way. She's only in her office 1 day per mo. now.

Anyway, I can't afford to see Dr. Bested as you must also see Dr Baune and that's not financially possible. Nor are the supplements they use. So, I need a good old fashioned OHIP covered doc who has some interest in ME.

Yes, I know what a long shot this is but I figure this board is my best shot at finding someone. They have to be in TO as I no longer drive and don't have a car.

Thanks much!
  2. mezombie

mezombie Member

Sorry, Rafiki, I don't know of anyone in your area.

But someone at the ME Assoc. of Ontario might. There's a help line listed on their website. It also states they give out list of doctors. I bet you can get in touch with a real live human being you could explain your situation to if you called.

The website is

I hope this helps!

3. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

bested is a waste of time i think. she wont even do antivirals. the idiots always try to make money off us. makes me so mad.

i see dr. david saul in north york, whom i love. (416 221 3633). he writes my antiviral prscriptions but i am primarily followed by a doctor in the states.

best of luck
  4. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

I'm shocked, actually. That is fantastic! I will call him tomorrow morning!

I may even know someone who knows him -- it's a small city and I'm well connected in the Jewish community which could come in handy in the current doctor shortage situation!

Bless your little cotton socks!!! I'm so glad you were on tonight. You know how difficult it is to get any GP in this city.

THANK YOU! (yes, I'm shouting!) THANK YOU!

PS MeZombie, thanks much, I'd called them but met with no success.

ETA Sue, I've got the coordinates if you want to erase - don't want to get you in trouble.

[This Message was Edited on 02/11/2009]
  5. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

glad i could help!

even dr. lerner was surprised i was able to find a doctor here willing to give me the antivirals. dr. saul was quite a find at that time and it saved my life!

once i was having an emergency in michigan and he even called me back in the evening. he is a good guy.

sue:)'s true there is a shortage of doctors here but lately, i have been noticing a lot of walk-in clinics sprouting up with younger, mostly immigrant doctors. some of them are quite open minded and willing to help (especially when i tell them i am being followed in the states) fact, i just found another one who said she would consider writing me the antiviral prescriptions and is close to my house! of course, some of them are awful just have to look around:)[This Message was Edited on 02/12/2009]