Doctor info for Yakima Wa

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ginnytex, May 9, 2006.

1. ginnytex

ginnytex New Member

I am soon moving to Yakima Washington, Does anyone on the board know of good doctor in the area?
  2. ginnytex

ginnytex New Member

3. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

We're not far from Yakima, but Dr. Catton, whom I found on the good doctor list, doesn't treat private patients anymore. I'd suggest you go to Bellevue to the new FFC there...it would probably be your best shot.
  4. ginnytex

ginnytex New Member

Thank you so much for the information. I have a wonderful doctor here in Lubbock, and am so afraid that I won't be able to find one there. AGain thanks so much for your help, God bless you and your son
  5. ginnytex

ginnytex New Member

Thank you so much for your reply. Is Dr Shawn Slack in Seattle? I am looking forward to moving to Washington. Have a wonderful doctor here in Lubbock, Tx and just wish I could take him with me. Thanks and God bless
  6. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

Welcome to Washington! I live in Sunnyside, just about 40 miles south east of Yakima.

My mom goes to Dr. Waber in Yakima. He is a GP. I don't know if he is taking new patients, but I've gone with Mom to appointments and he seems very caring. Don't know if he knows about FM or not.

My GP sent me to Dr. Eider, a rhuemy, in Yakima. Avoid her if you can. She spent all her time looking at the computer screen as did the nurse who took my vitals. She basically said, yup, you have FM. She offered no help what so ever. I told my GP I don't want to see her again.

I see a neuro in Kennewick with is about 40 miles in the opposite direction than Yakima. Dr Cancado is very good, but would be about 80 mile one way trip for you from Yakima and the wait to see him, even with a referral, can be quite long.

I will try to remember the other doctor I saw in Yakima a few years ago. I really liked him. Having a foggy moment!

Hugzz
    Greenbean
  7. ginnytex

ginnytex New Member

Thank you so much for replying to my query for a doctor in Yakima. My doctor here in Lubbock had indeed given me Dr. Eider's name, I am so glad you told me to avoid her. Thanks so much for the info. Do you know anything about a Dr Stephen Shaul? He is the other name my rheumy gave to to try. I have heard of SunnySide, am moving to Yakima