Doctor needed in CO

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Manwithfibro, Nov 23, 2012.

  1. Manwithfibro

    Manwithfibro New Member

    My son now has this, we believe, and after seeing multitudes of doctors, we are not getting anywhere. Are there any doctors in CO that understand how to treat this and accept insurance? Thanks
  2. rockyjs

    rockyjs Member

    There are some good alternative docs, but they never take insurance.

    If you're anywhere near Louisville, there is a very good physical therapy clinic that does a special release technique that might help. I would suggest making an appointment with the president of the company, Ernie Quinlisk.

  3. mbofov

    mbofov Active Member

    There are alternative-type doctors who do take insurance, though may be a little difficult to find. I have found that the only type of doctor who knows anything about CFS (and presumably FM too) are integrative medicine doctors. is a very good website re integrative medicine doctors and has a link where you can look for one in your area. If you scroll over "health resources" near the top of the home page, you'll see a link to click on to do a search. Hope this helps -

  4. rockyjs

    rockyjs Member

    I forgot to mention that many rheumatologists now are recognizing and treating fibromyalgia. The ones that I know of in Colorado Springs treat it with medications like Lyrica, Cymbalta and Tramadol.

    You might want to look for a fibromyalgia support group in your area and ask for a doctor recommendation. Libraries often have a list of various support groups.