Doctor Screwed Up Script/Does anyone know difference?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lin21, Feb 22, 2003.

1. lin21

lin21 New Member

Hi all----

I need advice, I don't know what to do about this..
    I have been taking Nortriptilyn since the beginning of December. Well when I visited the doctor in January he told me to increase from 2 pills a night to 3. Which I have done.
    Well yesterday when I called to get a refill the pharmacist told me it was too early. I explained to her that he increased the dosage and she said "oh no problem just have them call me". Well when she spoke to the office, first they couldn't find my file then when they finally found it they sound he had me down for Elavil.
    Well I called them back , this time very upset and we went back and forth 3 or 4 times. Of course the Doctor started
    his weekend already.
    The last time I talked with the pharmacist, she informs me that their was a screw up. It wasn't Elavil listed in my folder but Amitriptilyn!!!! And the mgs were different, one was for 30 mgs the other 40mgs.
    My pharmacist gave me enough pills to get me through the weekend until this is straightened out on Monday.
    Now I don't know much about this Doctor, I was referred to him by the neurologist. The first time I visited I liked him but on my second visit it was a little weird.
    He was either wearing a wig with his natural haircolor peaking out or he had died his hair. I couldn't look him straight in face because I was going to crack up. Needless to say I was a little disappointed in my second visit. I have an appointment on March 3 and I don't know what to do.
    I lost my job and he told me to apply for SSDI which I am in the process of doing now, so I don't know if it will be a good idea to change Doctors now. Besides I don't even know a Doctor I could go to for fibromyalgia in this area. Although the neurologist diagnosed me he said it was out of his "relm" and I had to be diagnosed by a rheumie. Although I have been crippled with this since the summer (now I know they're flares) the neurologist told me I could work. I don't know how I could do that!!!
    Any advice from all of you would be very much appreciated.
    Lin
  2. lin21

lin21 New Member

Thanks Lane,

Thanks for this information. I just don't know what to do now, I'm so upset about this.
    You know these Doctors know you have this DD and they put you through all this crap.

Lin
  3. dolsgirl

dolsgirl New Member

memory lane is right. dolsgirl

PS you may need to get a new doc if you can't keep a straight face looking at this person & their hair thing going on. Doc's are vain too & that doc is probably going very gray or losing their hair and trying to cover it up. They have feelings too! ;) BUT your meds should be straight in your chart, period. dolsgirl
  4. lin21

lin21 New Member

Hi,

Thanks so much for all this information. Wait until I get this Doctor tomorrow. If he could screw up my meds what else could he make a mistake with?
    This is too scary . The only thing I'm worried about now is the information that LTD is going to request from them, I hope this doesn't put my claim in jeopardy.

Thanks again,
    Lin