DOCTOR THINKS IM NUTS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by soccermomof3, Jul 7, 2003.

1. soccermomof3

soccermomof3 New Member

I AM NEW TO THE BOARDS AND AM VERY EXCITED TO SEE IM NOT THE ONLY ONE WITH THIS CONDITION. FOR YEARS MY DOCTORS HAVE SAID I WAS NUTS AND PUT ME ON ANTI DEPRESSANTS--ANTI ANXIETY AND OTHER MEDS TO MASK MY PAIN. HOW DO YOU GO ABOUT FINDING OUT/GETTING TESTED FOR THIS CONDITION OF CANDIDA OVERGROWTH. THANKS FOR ANY HELP OR ADVICE
  2. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

I was a soccer mom of three,(sons) now they are 31, 33, 35 years old and their soccer days are over. Loved the game, they also played baseball which I disliked --a lot. Welcome to the board. Up at the top of the page there is a "search" box. Type in a topic your interested in and if it has been discussed here before, the posts will "come up" and you will be able to read about your topic. Fondly June
  3. dd

dd New Member

Welcome aboard! I have 3 sons also...9, 10 and 15. They are the joy of my life and they are what keeps me keeping on.

I have been to so many drs over the years and the ones that have helped the most were an Endocrinologist and an Immunologist. The endo that I saw was good at diagnosing but his bedside manner left a lot to be desired...but there are good ones out there.

There is a lot of good information on this board. When I was first dx'ed this board was my life saver. I finally felt like I fit in somewhere.

BTW, most of the drs that I saw wanted to shove anti-depressants dowm my throat too. I have been thru clinical depression so I know what it is and how it feels and this certainly was not clinical depression. I think that they don't know what to do with us so they prescribe AD's to say that they tried to help.

Again, welcome to our corner of the world.

Peace and Love,

Debbie
  4. suz41

suz41 New Member

Hi Soccer Mom of 3:

Welcome to our world. First off I'm a mom of 2 ages 8 and 11 which keeps all of us moms busy nevermind coping with this DD. Sounds to me like you need a NEW doctor. Have you contacted any local health agencys or physician referral systems to find a doctor who is familiar or specializes in either pain management or FMS/CFS. Also make a list of your symptoms the ones that occurr most often and the severity. I agree with the other board members read alot and research the subject, you may have to educate the doctor as well. You may also want to see if there is a support group in your area and join. If so talk to the other people about their physicians. I'm currently utilizing a osteopathic physician whom is quite helpful and doesn't think I'm nuts. Its your body so be assertive. I think you will find alot of helpful people on this board. Let us know how you are doing. LOL. PS. I'm new to the board too, but not FMS. I don't post often but I have learned alot here and on other links.

Suzanne
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi, welcome to our little world here. Now you have asked the big question; a doctor. Start with the 'Doctor Referral' at the top of this page, they are listed by states, or you can put your state on this thread and hopefully someone can share their doctor with you.

We have all been told we were nuts, but believe me we are quite sane, its the medical profession that are not hitting on all cylinders with these illnesses and they hate to admit it, with a few exceptions, those are the ones you need to find to help you.

I have refused antidepressants for over twenty years now, I am not depressed! I am in pain, can't sleep but not depressed.

You will find mega information on this board, the people are just wonderful, helpful and always willing to share what is working for them.
    If they can't do anything else, they are the biggest support system you could find!

How about a 'name' besides 'Soccermomof3', its a little hard to call you that for me :)

Glad you found our board, and hope we hear from you often.

Shalom, Shirl