Doctor visit today..question

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Dawnt, Jan 24, 2003.

1. Dawnt

Dawnt Member

I've had a really bad month, pain, fatigue, and not being able to keep food in. I finally made it to the doc's today.(couldn't make my last appt., too sick to go). My meds I was on was Skelaxin, Darvocet, Compazine, ampitriptyline. She switched me to Parafon Forte, Mobic, 1/2 ampitriptyline, Compazine. And she started me on B-12 shots. Just had one, so I don't know if it helps. She drew a lot of blood and wants stool samples from me. I'm so tired of being sick and tired of wasting my life sleeping.

Anyway, just curious about the Parfon Forte, and Mobic as I've never heard of it before or tried it. Anyone have an opinion.

Also a quick question on Ampligen. I've looked into and even called the main company that makes it. But I can't seem to find out where in the world it is officially released and whether it will be available in the U.S. anytime soon. Anybody with that info, I'd appreciate.

Thanks, Dawn
    [This Message was Edited on 01/24/2003]
  2. karen55

karen55 New Member

Mobic is an anti-inflamatory med. I've taken it but it didn't help me, but if you have inflamation it should help you. I believe Parafon Forte is a muscle relaxer - an "older" drug, if I'm correct. I'm surprised your doc would take you off of Skelaxin and replace it with Parafon Forte, I think Parafon Forte is stronger. Could be that it's a different kind of muscle relaxer. I've taken both in the past, but it's been over 20 years since I've taken Parafon Forte. The blood work and stool samples are a good starting point. I hope you start feeling better soon.

Karen