Doctor writing RX

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by karkel, Jan 26, 2011.

1. karkel

karkel New Member

How much pain med will doctors give you per month for fibromyalgia ? Can you post what he writes and how much ? My doctor gives me 30 Vicodin per 2 1/2 months for now.
  2. karkel

karkel New Member

where do i get
  3. gapsych

gapsych New Member

I didn't realize you are still on the vicodin. Are you still having pain from the hip replacement?

I have a friend who had her knee replaced which is "supposed" to be a more complicated procedure and she was only needed to take the vicodin for two weeks. After that tramadol and then just the ibuprofen/Tylenol.

Hope things are going okay with your hip. Makes me hurt just to think about it.

Take care.

gap
  4. gapsych

gapsych New Member

Are there any medications that would help with pain and inflammation? I know you don't usually like to go that route, but just a thought.

It's just amazing how soon a person can recover from something like that. Do you get physical therapy or is that recommended.

gap
  5. gapsych

gapsych New Member

Are there any medications that would help with pain and inflammation? I know you don't usually like to go that route, but just a thought.

It's just amazing how soon a person can recover from something like that. Do you get physical therapy or is that recommended.

gap
  6. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

How much/what strength etc. totally depends on you the patient, your history, pain levels and your Dr.

I don't understand how your Dr. is writing your script. - what it says.

I've had a script written for as much as 8 vicodin per day (the max on 5/500), or Norco, 12 per day (which is 10/325) - 325 mgs of Tylenol. That doesn't mean I needed that much everyday but my Dr. would always write for as much as I was allowed to take. Of course this wasn't how it started out.

I do think it started w/3 per day or 90/month