doctors and/or support groups in Toledo, OH

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Ivory123, Sep 12, 2006.

1. Ivory123

Ivory123 New Member

I hope there's at least a small chance someone knows if there are doctors and/or groups in Toledo who are supportive of chronic fatigue patients... ?

There used to be a group primarily for fibro patients which disbanded :-( several years ago. My present pcp is a "man of few words" with little time to discuss any treatments and/or therapies. I would put my email address here, but I don't know if it's "legal" ...

2. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Yes, I had also heard of a support group in Toledo which no longer exists.

I don't know of a good FMS doctor in Toledo, but I have an excellent doctor I see in Ann Arbor. He has helped me a lot and is the first doctor who was willing to aggressively treat my pain. I've been on morphine (a low dose) for 2 1/2 years and so far no problems with addiction. I think the addiction problem is overrated.

If you think you are up to the drive or have someone who can take you, I would be happy to give you the name and address of the FMS doctor I see.

Ellen
  3. lighthouselady

lighthouselady New Member

Is Bryan Ohio near you? It seemed close on the map when I looked. Anyway, my first rheumatologist, Dr. Syed, (a female) moved there when she left Trumbull County. I thought she was wonderful, very compassionate and sympathetic to CFIDS & Fibromyalgia. I found her easy enough on some of the sites. I hope this can help you and maybe she can help you.

Judy
    [This Message was Edited on 09/12/2006]
  4. marmayer

marmayer Member

There is a FFC in Detroit and the MD there is very good. I`ve been going for 15 months now and they have really changed the way I live. Good Luck-finding a good MD is a hard job!
  5. Ivory123

Ivory123 New Member

Ellen, if you are able to provide the name of the doctor you see in Ann Arbor, . . . it would be good to know. Does he see both Fibro and CFS patients?
  6. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Here's the info you asked for: Dr. David Vallance, 3055 Plymouth Road, Suite 102, Ann Arbor, MI 48105, (734) 623-0100. It will probably take several months to schedule an appt., but if you ask to be put on the list to call in case someone cancels last minute, you can probably get in sooner. I did that and got in a month earlier.

Dr. Vallance really has more patients than a doctor should have, but he hates to turn down people who are in pain. He is the best doctor I have found and I was searching for years. He is the only one who aggressively treated my pain. I am doing better now and definitely sleeping better.

I'm not sure if he takes CFS patients or not. He is a rheumatologist. Good luck. I hope this helps.

Ellen