Doctors appointment went well :o)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by butterfly83, Nov 27, 2006.

1. butterfly83

butterfly83 New Member

Thanks to everyone for your advice the past few weeks. My doctors appointment went well thanks to everyone's input.

I'm going to be starting Mirapex & Lyrica, as well as switching to Ultram ER at night for pain, with the hope that it will helping with some of my morning aches and pains since it stays in your system 24 hours. For any breakthrough pain, I'll still have the Hydrocodone or Ultracet available.

I'm really hoping that the Mirapex will make a difference in my restless leg pain. I'll let you guys know how I do :)
  2. shar6710

shar6710 New Member

I hope the Mirapex works as well for you as for the others on the board, including myself. Sounds like your doctor is really willing to work with you.

Good luck,

Shar
  3. butterfly83

butterfly83 New Member

Thanks Shar! I hope so too. My doctor is really nice. He always spends a lot of time listening, and he's always willing to hear about the research I've done and let me try out new things to try to get better results. Its nice to have a doctor that doesn't mind an educated patient.
  4. chloeuk

chloeuk New Member

of how you are doing on the mirapex, I am sure that would be really useful to others..good luck I hope it works for you.
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Thanks for the update. Keep us informed.

Love, Mikie
  6. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

That is so great. Nothing beats a supportive Dr.

I really have to see about Mirapex. I have a terrible time with RLS and I believe that Lyrica helps with nerve pain, which I also get.

Thanks for the feedback.

Regards,

Eileen
  7. butterfly83

butterfly83 New Member

So far, I've started the Mirapex (i'm starting the new meds in stages so i can be accurate about which medicine produces which results), and I've noticed I am falling asleep faster. My legs used to drive me nuts for hours. Now I might be down to 1 hour, which is an improvement for me. Currently I am taking 2 .125mg tablets at night.

I am waiting for approval on the Ultram ER (i'm in the patient assistance program), but i'm hoping to get that tomorrow and try it out tomorrow night. My doctor was hoping that taking this would lessen my need for as many Ultracet and Hydrocodone during the day.

And I think i'll have to shop around a little for the Lyrica. Thats an expensive one without insurance. :eek:/ I'm working on the application for assistance for that one too.
  8. IowaMorningGlory

IowaMorningGlory New Member

Those are exactly the same meds I take! They work well for me. I can tell the difference on the days I don't get to take them on time! The only other thing I have added recently was Cymbalta. That has made a big difference in my muscles being so tense since it works on the tender points.

My physician is like yours also. If I have done some research and talk with him he is more than willing to let me try something. Same with my Rhuemy. I count my blessing everyday.

Let me know how you do. I am pulling for you and hope you do well on these.

Take care and kitten hugs,
    Blessed Be,
    Laurie