Doctors appt. Friday

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hurley63, Jan 15, 2003.

1. hurley63

hurley63 New Member

I have my 1st dr. appt. Friday after being dx'ed in Dec.17th what kind of things should I be asking him? I do have a small list of a few things to ask him, that is if I don't forgrt to take it with me. My husband is going to go with me, I told him I need him to go because I forget or can't remember or comprehind what he says it just doesn't sink in like it should.
    Rita
  2. teach6

teach6 New Member

You didn't give me much to go on, but I'll give it a try. I usually begin with my biggest problems. Since you were just dx'd last month I imagine you still have some areas that could use improvement, like sleep, pain, to name a couple.

I also let my doc know how I've reacted to any new meds I've tried. In addition I usually ask about different supplements, although I'm at about my limit for now on them.

I start making notes a week or two before my appointment and then keep adding to it over the days until my appointment. I print it out the night before my appointment and put it in my purse so I won't forget it.

You may want to take paper to write things down. My doc makes a computer printout of my complete med list and anything he wants me to try or change in what I'm already doing. Without that I'd be clueless!

Barbara

[ advertisement ]