Doctors Changing Med Dose: Without Telling You

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by NyroFan, Feb 22, 2007.

1. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Hello all:

I have had two doctors who have changed the doses of my medicines and never told me.

I recently had two who made the changes even after me seeing them a week or two before without mentioning it.

Can you imagine?

nyrofan
  2. myjoy

myjoy New Member

That happened to me when I was in the hospital last oct. My doctor was out of town for the weekend, and this new guy just came and changed everything without telling me. Even the nurses were mad at him because they didn't know what to tell me when I asked them why.

My regular dr. changed everything back on that next monday.

We aren't horses...we can understand verbal communication, for pity sakes! It's only fair to let us know about med changes. It's our health.

Talk to your doctors about it. Perhaps they had a good reason to change things, but you deserve to know why.

myjoy
  3. tngirl

tngirl New Member

Have you checked to make sure the doctor actually changed it?

That happened to me once and it was a mistake. I never did find out if the script was written wrong or if the pharmacy made a mistake. Could have been either way because the dosage on the bottle was one I had previously taken.

I just called the doctor and explained. They called the pharmacy.

You might want to check and see if it was just a mistake.
  4. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

Any time my dosage has changed, my pharmacists has asked me if it was supposed to. He said sometimes the change is a mistake - the doctor gets confused on which patient s/he is renewing the prescription for or whatever. He always makes sure that the patient is aware of the change.
  5. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Thank you for the input. I will call the doctor on Monday to find out if there was an error.

nyrofan