"Doctors" - great episode about CFS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by KelB, Sep 28, 2005.

1. KelB

KelB New Member

I've just watched a very good episode of the UK daytime drama, "Doctors". The story was about a person with CFS, who was in a wheelchair and needed to sort out a carer so that she could go to uni.

The programme showed her having a consultation with a completely accepting and affirming GP, who gave out all the right advice and information. When the character commented that her pains had become worse, the GP actually volunteered a different painkiller.

The only unlikely bit was where the character suffered a CFS "crash", her mother called the GP - and he actually made a home call to tell her to rest!

Overall, a very positive programme, which showed the medical profession taking CFS seriously and portrayed a CFS patient as being strong-minded and wanting to be independant.

Full marks to the BBC. Somebody in there is on our side.
  2. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I dont watch Doctors but wish I had caught that.

If it gets re-run I'll keep an eye for it, not often they give positive publicity.

love
    Rosie
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I've been a fan for years. Most of what we get here in the States is on PBS.

Love, Mikie
  4. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I was so touched, they handled it brilliantly.

Young girl in wheelchair, pain meds were mentioned, rest mentioned and they even got in that it's not psychosamatic.

Of course the doctor putting the wholee family to right was a bit unreal but it certainly got the message across.

love Rosie