Doctors in Indiana

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ksp56, Jul 22, 2003.

1. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I live in the Ft. Wayne area and wonder if any other 'Hoosiers' have doctor's they would suggest. I know Annette 2 is in the Indy area and would like her input, as well as others. I drive to Indianapolis for appointments and believe my rheumatologist is very good, but also interested in what other doctors are liked and respected.

Thanks for your help!

Kim
  2. debbiem31

debbiem31 New Member

I'm from Lafayette. I've not yet been to a doc for a diagnosis of FM. I know I have it and I'm trying to take care of it on my own. So, basically, I can't help you there. But if you need a chiropractor for any reason, mine is the best around. I originally went to him because he is ART certified and I wanted help with my carpal tunnel. He is so kind and gentle and helpful. I highly recommend him. His name is Ryan VanMatre. He has offices in Delphi and in Carmel. He splits his time between the two. He is in Delphi on Mon, Wed, and Fri. and in Carmel on Tues. and Thur. He takes as much time as you need, listens well, and is quite understanding.
    If you'd like, I can post his number for you.
    Good luck to you.
  3. Cindy

Cindy New Member

Hello Ladies-

Kim, I wish that I could help you out with a doctor, but unfornately I dont think any good drs live in Indiana! LOL Seriously, I have been basically trying to keep on keeping on cause I am honestly sick and tired of trying to find one that would adequetly sp? treat myself. I am sure there is prolly one, or maybe even more, but you have to drive a distance, pay out the butt, to hope an pray that maybe this is the one!

Debbie, I noticed that you are from Lafayette, I wanted to say hello and welcome you to the board! I live 30 mins from you. I am also a stay at home mommy with 4 children. I have a daughter that is 20,whom is moderately mentally handicapped,3 sons, one that is 17,9 he is ADHD which we have been to several doctors for this problem as well, UGGGHHHH and last by certainly not least I have a 5 year old son. Hope that you find the dr that is right for you,you are able to get your diagnoises soon, so that you will be on your way to coping with this DD!

Again, welcome to the board..
    With much love,
    Cindy