Doctors in North Alabama?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by DixieDe, Feb 17, 2006.

1. DixieDe

DixieDe Member

I need to change doctors. I live in north AL but could drive to Birmingham if anyone has any suggestions. Thanks.
  2. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

Dr. Rodger H. Murphree is a Chiropractor who specializes in treatment of FMS/CFIDS. He has a website.

I live near Mobile AL and went to a presentation that he gave a year or so ago. He seems very knowledgeable and very kind. I buy his supplements online.

If I lived closer to him, I would definitely give him a try.

Good luck, Lolalee
  3. atiledsner

atiledsner New Member

HI, I WISH I COULD HELP YOU.I HAD AN APPOINTMENT WITH YJE

PAIN AND JOINT CLINIC IN FLORENCE ALABAMA FOR WEEKS.WHEN I

GOT THE APP. I HAD TO CHANGE IT BECAUSE THEY HADN'T

RECIEVED ALL MY RECORDS FROM TENN WHERE I USED TO GO TO

THE DOCTOR. I TALKED TO THEM 2 OR 3 TIMES,THEY CALLED ME.

WHEN I GOT TO THE OFFICE THE DAY OF MY APPOINTMENT THEY TOLD ME I DIDN'T HAVE AN APPOINTMENT.

THEY HANDED ME MY RECORDS AND TOLD ME THEY WERE SORRY FOR ANY INCONVIENCE.

MY INSURANCE COVERAGE RAN OUT BEFORE I COULD GET ANOTHER APPOINTMENT SOMEWHERE ELSE. I AM IN PAIN EVERYDAY.THE DOCTORS NAME WAS ADERHOLT.SINCE THEN I HAVE TALKED TO OTHERS ABOUT THIS
    PLACE THEY HAVE TOLD ME THAT ADERHOLT WON'T EVEN RETURN YOUR CALLS OR RESPOND WHEN YOU NEED SOMETHING.

GOOD LUCK WITH FINDING A GOOD ONE.

4. Cool_Beans

Cool_Beans New Member

I go to the Rheumatology Associates of North Alabama and see Dr. Shergy specifically...there are 3 other Dr's in his office...I use the office in Florence, but had to go to Huntsville to their office at the hospital for my dx and testing, ect...you will have to get a referral from your family doc or whoever (mine was my gyno--only doc at that point who would listen)...anywho, he is pretty good...they do their own trials, if you want to be in a study let him know...I can't :-(....They are very busy in Huntsville, so if you have to call there about something, the nurse will call you back usually within a couple of hours, but you might get one who is frazzled and get short with you....if you have any questions, make sure you have them ready, especially if you go to Huntsville as they are so packed with people....I like going to the Florence office...they are there once a week and are nowhere near as crowded or rushed.....hope this helps!

Cool
  5. KateMac329

KateMac329 New Member

I am in the Huntsville area, what kind of doctor are you looking for?

kate