Doctors in Wisconsin specialize in Fibro??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Noahvale, Sep 19, 2006.

1. Noahvale

Noahvale New Member

Hi everyone,

I was curious to find out if there is any doctors that may specialize in Fibro or if anyone is seeing a doctor in Wisconsin that is working out well for them??

I have a good doctor but I have a feeling he doesn't know a whole lot about what is doing with this DD. I was just checking to see if there is any suggestions out there.

Take care and soft hugs to all!

God Bless!

Noahvale--Kathy
  2. Noahvale

Noahvale New Member

Thank you so very much for all your help!

I have been thinking lately that it wouldn't hurt to see someone else about my pain. I have been contameplating serveral things the last week or so, and decide wheather or not I should see another doctor or rheumy isn't a bad idea. I live near madison and I have Dean Health Care insurance which my husband carries through his work, so going to the UW is out. I called the insurance company and I have to evaluated through Dean clinic. (which I think is a crock--I would like to see someone I choose to see). Dean Care will only deal with the Dean Clinic, or St mary's Hospital, and I haven't heard anyone talk about going there to see anyone for Fibro. Makes me wonder if I should do a search on Dean Clinic as well. My Doctor never suggested a second opinion so thats why I am researching this myself.

I do appreciate any and all advise that is give'n. Thank you both again for your kind words and warm hearts. I am trying to use all my opions when it comes to my decision making. Fibro Fog doesn't help any.

God bless you both!!

Noahvale--Kathy
  3. m5shelly

m5shelly New Member

There is one with offices in Waukesha and Wauwatosa. Nice guy, I only know Dr. Shoham, but there are three docs working out of the same office... they even advertise offering help for FM sufferers.

Dr. Charles Shoham
    Dr. Jeffery Gorelick
    Dr. Mary Laan
    2626 N. 76th Street
    Wauwatosa, WI 53213
    414-771-2707

I don't have the address of their Waukesha office, but it's right next to Waukesha Airport.
  4. Noahvale

Noahvale New Member

Nancy, thank you so much for finding that address of Dr V. Wilson for me. I never knew that there was a doctor that was so close to me that dealt with this FM. I can't thank you enough. I will be making a phone cal this week to see if I can get in to see her soon. I have been worried about my pain and other things that have been going on since I have been Dx'd, I hope that she can give me some insight to what I can do to help myself and give me some relief.

Thank you so VERY MUCH!!

God Bless, and ((((((((soft hugs)))))))

Noahvale--Kathy
  5. janieb

janieb New Member

Her name is Dr. Adel. She's wonderful, kind, and understanding. She also came highly recommended.

I was looking for someone who used the protocol by Dr. Paul St. Armand. She does and has had about a 50% success ratio.

That was good enough for me. I started, but then ended up hospitalized with pancreatitis and after a million tests was sent to Mayo. Have not yet gotten back on the protocol, but I felt it was working for me.

Good luck with finding the right doctor for you.

Blessings,

janieb